3rd Times a Charm!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BowlingDoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All!

So I am a MO resident and the past two cycles I have applied to UMKC. My fiancé was keen on us not moving out of state but since this cycle it is not looking good....I am allowed to apply to multiple schools! Looks like (if I get in) we may be moving!

I am going to start preparing for next cycle by getting a list of schools together and doing extensive research. At this point I really don't care about cost, if I get into multiple I'll go to the cheapest one.

Undergrad GPA - 3.1 Its low but I was at a 2.2 four years ago and took a while to bring it up.
DAT - 19AA and 24 PAT
MBA GPA (In progress but will be done by September) - 4.0

200+ Shadowing hours. 2000+ hours as an assistant Chairside
650+ hours volunteering. (Including Captain/president of one club and held a position with schools PDS)

I basically have extensively looked into UMKC. So thats about all I know.

I've looked into...

MOSDOH (Don't care for the program, since you move after two years)
ASDOH
Oklahoma (My Dentist went there)

But I need help with a list of schools to apply to. I'm looking anywhere from 10-15 schools.

If you are going to say "Give up and choose another career" please don't comment.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Give up and choose another career.......

Reactions: 1 user
I'm kidding bro. I think you should add Colorado! Seeing that you started with a 2.2 and are now at 3.1 that is a huge upward trend I am assuming and Colorado likes those kinds of trends. Your shadowing and volunteer hours are great too. Apply early! DAT is solid

Members don't see this ad :)
Throw Creighton into the mix! They're one of the most OOS friendly schools in the country, have a great clinical program, have a brand new school that opened this year, and the school is about 2 hours north of Kansas City if you want to stay relatively close to the area. Oh and housing is dirt cheap in the Omaha area

Apply to some more private schools:
NYU
Tufts
LECOM
USC
Western
Midwestern
Touro
Roseman

Great job on the upward trend and best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Throw Creighton into the mix! They're one of the most OOS friendly schools in the country, have a great clinical program, have a brand new school that opened this year, and the school is about 2 hours north of Kansas City if you want to stay relatively close to the area. Oh and housing is dirt cheap in the Omaha area
Creighton have a cutoff gpa i believe. I would get in contact with them before applying since your gpa might not make the cutoff.

Louisville (very oos friendly)
Kentucky
Midwestern az/il
Asdoh/mosdoh (high emphasis on service)
Lecom
Touro
Roseman (emphasis on last 30 hours sgpa)
Une

You need to apply to many schools.
Best of luck.

Don't apply to Oklahoma. I'm sure they have a fine program but they accept very few OOS students.

Reactions: 3 users
I would look into Indiana and UNLV.

Although you have a great upward trend, for your GPA in the end, your best shot may be at expensive private schools, such as NYU, USC, Tufts, and Boston. What is the breakdown of your DAT? If most of your sections are below 20, I may advise retaking.

As DSchoolorBust2022X said above, look into UNLV and Indiana. I had right around a 3.1 GPA (Science and cumulative) and got into both schools! At UNLV now.

I did have a 24 on the DAT, so that certainly helped. With your lower GPA, I believe you need to retake the DAT and get at least a 22. I took it twice, got an 18 on the first and like I said 24 on the second. You are in a precarious situation though, because if you retake the DAT and get a 19 again or 20, you don't have that WOW factor they need. Really work hard for that 22+ on the DAT, and you have a chance.

Good luck!

I applied to both Indiana and UNLV this cycle and got rejected. I applied to Indiana cuz they seemed to accept a couple of Illinois resident (which I am) and seemed to have strong emphasis on service, but got rejected!Aso with UNLV, look into their calculating system. Its posted somewhere on sdn. They calculate applicant’s gpa and dat and only interview/accept applicants who make that cutoff.