3rd Year Away Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeDO2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone had experience setting up 3rd year rotations at away locations or know some good places known to take 3rd year students? I'd like to set up a few on my own but it seems it will be difficult before the 4th year....

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone had experience setting up 3rd year rotations at away locations or know some good places known to take 3rd year students? I'd like to set up a few on my own but it seems it will be difficult before the 4th year....

I set up my own 3rd year rotations but I had connections and a lot of friends who are doctors who sponsored me for my rotations. I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you about "good places", that really is up to you and what rotation you want?

LECOM generally will approve any rotation you set up yourself since they have so many students to place. A lot of people in my class set up all their rotations close to home. You have to do your own leg work and start calling around. Most large hospitals have a section on their website for medical students.

You can always go to Corpus Christi, Bay Area where I did residency. Third years always rotate through there. Depends on what rotation you are looking for?

Last edited:
thanks for the tip on corpus christie. I didn't have any particular rotation in mind....just wanted to see if there were places that were known for accepting 3rd years. It seems like we might be feeling the squeeze on rotation sites this year so wanted to investigate some options. Most of the hospital sites with a medical school section specify that they only accept visiting 4th yrs.