3rd Year Medical Student Interested in California Programs

Started by thesage
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thesage

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a third year medical student interested in PM&R in California. Which California Program has the most teaching? Which is the best for outpatient PM&R. Which is the most competitive?

My board score for step 1 was a 210, and I haven't honored any rotations?
I have alot of leadership experiance and am getting my medical acupuncture licence next year? Am I competitive?

What other recs are there
 
thesage said:
Which is the best for outpatient PM&R.

UC-Davis in Sacramento.

thesage said:
My board score for step 1 was a 210, and I haven't honored any rotations?
I have alot of leadership experiance and am getting my medical acupuncture licence next year? Am I competitive?

What other recs are there

Probably no real way to know until you apply, everything else would be just speculation. Do some rotations. Get good letters. Polish your PS. You know, the usual. Take step 2 early if you think you'll do great.

No honors, but what do your narratives actually say. Are they "Ginny was really proactive in L+D and was always stepping up to the plate in deliveries" vs. "Ginny seemed disinterested in obstetrics and needs to read more."