3rd year. Need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neurosurgeon26

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all. I am a rising 3rd year and just got my step 1 score back today = 239

I was wondering how competitive I am with my step 1 score? As far as research, I have 1 case report, 3 cardiovascular surgery projects I am currently working which should turn into publications (1 of which I am first author). I also have 3 years of academic research experience in undergrad but didn't manage to get any publications from that...I also recently presented at a national research conference.

Do I have a decent shot at matching? Any advice?

Thanks again for all your time!