3rd year worries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

st0tan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been having a little anxiety about my 3rd year rotations and wanted to see if anyone else has been feeling the same.

My big concern is that I don't feel like I'm getting a lot of exposure. My program is preceptor based and so the majority of my time has been spent in outpatient settings with very little hospital work. Also, the actual amount of time I spend in clinic each week doesn't seem to get much above 40 hours, if that. Should I be concerned about being ready for residency? BTW I am a D.O. student interested in family medicine.

Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You're like a month and a half in and every rotation is going to be different, don't sweat it. Besides 3rd year is really more about what you put into it, I learned a lot more from reading than I did working, use all that free time to read and kill your shelves. You will get all the clinical time you can stand during 4th year and residency so consider this a gift.

Reactions: 1 user