3rd yr w/quick question: Sub-I in medicine?

Started by hildaluc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hildaluc

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have seen a lot of posts discussing a 4th yr medicine sub-I. At my school we have a 4 week med I rotation for 3rd yrs and a 4 week Med II for 4th yrs. There is no "Acting Internship" listed on our medicine clerkship list (this is the wording on other sub-I's, such as those for gen surg. or the surg. subspecialties). It seems that Med II is where most students at my school get their medicine LOR.

So my question: is it critical for me to take an additional advanced medicine rotation (ICU, allergy, heme/onc, cardio)?

Thanks for your help!
 
I'd take the rotation where you have the most autonomy and can shine for that all-important LOR.

For my school, it was just a general month of medicine (Sub-I)