4 SCIENCE IN A SEMESTER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lagattara

Pre-Veterinary Student
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, im thinking about taking physics II, cell biology, genetics, and chemII. Would you recommend this or should I re-think this plan. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, im thinking about taking physics II, cell biology, genetics, and chemII. Would you recommend this or should I re-think this plan. Thanks
Back in my undergrad days, I did something similar (Microbio with lab, genetics with lab, organic II with lab, I think cell bio? with lab) and it worked out fine. But I was also trying to cram everything in a few years, was stressed, and never stopped studying/doing assignments.

If this is your first heavy loaded semester I would be careful. I feel like you could, with some good habits and study skills under your belt, have the potential to do okay or great. But you can also burnout and do poorly.

Is there a reason you have to do all four in one semester?

Ultimately, you know you best, and you know what you can handle. You know way better than what we could say. For example, my worst semester in undergrad was when I had a low credit load because I fooled around instead of working. My best ones was when I was running around almost dying of stress from the heavy credit load. Which is pretty weird, considering most people would think it would be the opposite.

So really, this is something you have to decide what would be best in terms of courseload.

I dunno, I took about 10 science classes / semester in vet school, so.... ;-)

Just being snarky. Really, though, I think you just have to decide yourself. Is your GPA great? Do you thrive in science classes? Are you willing to take a tough load for a semester and put in the extra time studying/etc?

There's nothing inherently wrong with the plan - it's just a tough load. Long as you know that and are confident you can do it - great. If you have struggled and had a rough semester last year - maybe avoid it until you're on stronger footing.

For example, my worst semester in undergrad was when I had a low credit load because I fooled around instead of working. My best ones was when I was running around almost dying of stress from the heavy credit load. Which is pretty weird, considering most people would think it would be the opposite.
Glad I'm not the only one that works this way :laugh: