4 year degree versus CC

Started by deepthimr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

deepthimr

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I work in IT and considering going to medical school now. I have bachelors degree from another country and MBA degree here from a regional college . Is a bachelors degree in USA required for MCAT? Or can I do the pre reqs in CC and join a post BAC for another year and take MCAT? I am targeting for 2022 summer MCAT using the second route but not sure if I am eligible without a bachelors degree in this country. Thank you so much for your help.
 
no, a bachelor’s degree is only required prior to matriculation into medical school.

you can take the MCAT anytime, but it’s preferable to take it once your pre-reqs are completed or almost completed since that’s the content on the actual exam.
 
Are you now considered a US citizen?

If you are a resident of a state, I would look into what the requirements are for your state medical school as a beginning point to learn what steps you need to take to prepare for admission.

You may be able to access pre-med advising through the community college.