4 Year MD/MBA Programs

Started by MStewart
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MStewart

Pre-Med
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many are there? What are the best 4 year MD/MBA programs?
 
BrettBatchelor said:
I have only come across one in my search.
Tufts has a 4 year MD/MBA.

Thanks - I think Case has a new one too. I know Texas Tech is another.

Anyone know anything else?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You may reconsider going after a 4 year MD/MBA program. I'm in the Texas Tech program and just am about to finish my first summer session of courses. It's a big overload on busy work and not much time is left to go after preceptorships/internships away since you're in class basically all the time. I'm thinking it over this w/end whether or not I want to stay in the MBA program or if I'd like to actually have a summer next year (and this July off). MD schedule during the year is a lot of material as is. Adding on 1 or 2 more classes just makes it even more of a struggle.
 
civic4982 said:
You may reconsider going after a 4 year MD/MBA program. I'm in the Texas Tech program and just am about to finish my first summer session of courses. It's a big overload on busy work and not much time is left to go after preceptorships/internships away since you're in class basically all the time. I'm thinking it over this w/end whether or not I want to stay in the MBA program or if I'd like to actually have a summer next year (and this July off). MD schedule during the year is a lot of material as is. Adding on 1 or 2 more classes just makes it even more of a struggle.


Extra classes during the regular med school year? Ouch.
 
osucomdustin said:
Extra classes during the regular med school year? Ouch.

yeah, one extra class during first and second years each semester, 3rd year and 4th year fall semester have no extra courses. Right before you graduate though in 4th year spring you do 2 extra courses but at that point it's all good since you've laready got your match and just have to coast it out. a night class that's 3 hours once a week. summer time is when most of the classes are jam packed in. saving an extra year is a bit of a perk but a lot of personal time is lost You've just gotta be good at managing your time.