D
deleted1236152
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
Doing my externships lately has been a huge eye-opener. I've noticed a pretty big gap between how certain OMFS programs are viewed online versus how attendings and residents talk about them behind closed doors. I've heard casual comments writing off some traditionally "top-tier" or very competitive programs for having malignant cultures or major training gaps.
It kind of shocked me. Even while externing, you realize you're still an outsider and a lot of the real day-to-day culture slips under the radar. It's a bit daunting realizing how little I actually know about places I might spend the next four years of my life at.
For those already in residency or out in practice, if you were applying today, what would your top 5 four-year programs be and why? Really curious what places you think are actually living up to the hype right now in terms of culture, volume, and scope.
Appreciate any insights!
Doing my externships lately has been a huge eye-opener. I've noticed a pretty big gap between how certain OMFS programs are viewed online versus how attendings and residents talk about them behind closed doors. I've heard casual comments writing off some traditionally "top-tier" or very competitive programs for having malignant cultures or major training gaps.
It kind of shocked me. Even while externing, you realize you're still an outsider and a lot of the real day-to-day culture slips under the radar. It's a bit daunting realizing how little I actually know about places I might spend the next four years of my life at.
For those already in residency or out in practice, if you were applying today, what would your top 5 four-year programs be and why? Really curious what places you think are actually living up to the hype right now in terms of culture, volume, and scope.
Appreciate any insights!