Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

4 yr program/cost

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by Drwanabe, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Drwanabe

Non-Student
    hey guys, i heard there are new 4 yr programs available to irish schools other than the one offered by the royal college of ..... Are these new programs offered to non EU students as well? I know its cheaper to go to other schools

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Drwanabe

Non-Student
    hey guys just wanted to follow up with this, does anybody know

4. Arb

Arb Senior Member

They are not offered to non-EU students.

5. med2UCC

med2UCC Relentlessly Optimistic

Attending Physician
    Ah, actually I believe the intention is to stream the North American students who would normally go into the 5 year program with degrees already into the 4 year stream and free up the spaces in the 5 year program for EU students. In all the preliminary discussions at UCC the intention was to designate 15 spaces for North Americans in the Graduate Entry program, and to delete those spaces from the direct entry program. I sat through some very boring committee meetings to get this info, and I believe it is the primary reason why acceptances are soooo late coming out this year - they wanted to make sure they accepted people into the right program. I could be wrongm but I doubt it. Cheers,
    M

6. Arb

Arb Senior Member

UCC and UCD did not get accreditation and funding for the 4 year program this year. Only schools that have them are RCSI and Limerick. It's not a factor in the late acceptance offers this year. Last time I checked, there will be no GEP offers for North Americans at UCC.

7. Drwanabe

Non-Student
    can anybody confirm, that non-eu students can do 4 year program at UCD,UCC, etc?

8. JediBookworm

JediBookworm Junior Member

Medical Student
    Nobody can confirm at this stage yet. It's definitely not happening for Fall 2007.