40+ Mcat + 4.0 = 40+ Mcat + 3.8?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

specialflava

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is the equation true for most top tier med schools? i.e. do you get a box checked for "academic success" at a certain point, and after that point it really doesn't matter?

Members don't see this ad.

is the equation true for most top tier med schools? i.e. do you get a box checked for "academic success" at a certain point, and after that point it really doesn't matter?

It's probably marginally better, but very very marginally.

Sorta like this:
Michaelis_Menten.gif

Diminishing Returns

Members don't see this ad :)
i <3 enzyme kinetics. try teaching it to someone taking biochem. the good old adage of "see one, do one, teach one" really works.

I <3 yourmom's avatars, but not enzyme kinetics.

Lincoln Burrows gets really sick and has to go to the Harvard ICU. His little brother michael Scofield comes up with a pretty cool idea and busts a 40 mcat and 4.0 GPA to get into harvard and get his brother out of the hospital.

This time he got tattoos of physics equations on his back, and the map of the hospital covered by angels and demons

But Nurse Kellerman might kill Lincoln Burrows before Michael gets his clinical experience!!

actually, if you get a 4.0 they hold it against you...

are you kidding? not that i have a 4.0, but now that i think about it.... maybe your point is that those kids are seen as tooo cut-throat or overly obsessed with gpa?

are you kidding? not that i have a 4.0, but now that i think about it.... maybe your point is that those kids are seen as tooo cut-throat or overly obsessed with gpa?

They're afraid of the Prophecy.

"He of the 4.0 shall rise again, and the land will be covered in Darkness"

They're afraid of the Prophecy.

"He of the 4.0 shall rise again, and the land will be covered in Darkness"

This is exactly why I got some B's in undergrad. Yeah... That's it... :)