401k withdrawal /cvs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know why a 401k balance of $100k is only allowed a withdrawal of $40k? im not looking to withdrawal, but i thought 25% tax + 10% penalty will allow $65k withdrawal. what else is cvs doing to screw up $25k difference?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you trying to do a hardship withdrawal? There are usually rules for the 401k plan where you can only withdraw the amount you contributed, which doesn't include any earnings or the employer match.

Reactions: 4 users
Personally, I think it's a very bad idea to withdraw from your 401-K fund, in order to hire a lawyer on the gamble that you can win some whistleblowing action against CVS (especially consider the lack of merit of the case that you've discussed on here.) Trust me, it's best to leave your money in your 401-K.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I think it's a very bad idea to withdraw from your 401-K fund, in order to hire a lawyer on the gamble that you can win some whistleblowing action against CVS (especially consider the lack of merit of the case that you've discussed on here.) Trust me, it's best to leave your money in your 401-K.

he tryna retire early...scared money make no moneiii