Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by snaangirl3, Sep 8, 2002.

1. snaangirl3

snaangirl3 Junior Member

Hey yall.

thanks for your advise about applying but im gonna give it a shot this cycle... but...Help!

Roadblock! it says ive entered too many seesions (quarters) and im not done yet! help!

Thanks

snaangirl+pissed+

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. snaangirl3

snaangirl3 Junior Member

lemme clarify...
    On my app, the aadsas page wont let me enter anymore sessions (quarters) and im not through adding the classes im taking! i have already entered 16 sessions...
    any suggestions?

4. Rhea

Rhea New York University '07
    7+ Year Member

You need to retry entering the sessions. There is a limit on the number of sessions one can enter, however I think that number is in the thirties. If the problem continues, you need to contact AADSAS. Maybe its a temporary computer glitch that they need to be notified about.

5. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I had 28 sessions entered without problem. It may be a bug. either wait or email AADSAS. Rhea is right you can enter up to 30 sessions.

Good luck, think positive. When all else fails, keep your head up and think positive. We all are rooting for you.

DesiDentist

6. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

Goodluck Snaagirl! Have you decided if you are going to take the DATS over again in 90 days?

7. snaangirl3

snaangirl3 Junior Member

Thnks for the replies...

beagle, Im still trying to figure that out... If i retake it, schools wont get my scores till mid -jan... so is it even worth it? Plus im in school full time now so im scared i wont be able to study enough to pull my score up more than one or two points... im totally confused..
    On top of it AADsas wont reply to my email about the above problem.. i tried calling but it hung up on me... HELP!

+pissed+

8. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

Snaagirl
    I am retaking my DATS in the middle of november so schools won't recieve it until mid Dec.
    Anyway, I say go ahead and take them over. January is not too late for them to be getting scores. **Remember--you can send schools an unofficial copy of your new DATS score the same day you take the test, so they don't have to wait around until January. It's better to be overprepared than not. however, if you are in school fulltime and cannot study for the DATS than that is a different story because you may end up doing worse the second time around. Do you have any time before december to study?
    Beagle

9. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I'm sorry to hear about your AADSAS situation -- that stinks.

In regards to your retaking the DAT, you have a valid concern. Mid-Jan is late for schools to be receiving scores. Schools will have sent out a first batch of acceptances (early Dec.), received notices about whether students are going to attend there (the date is Jan 15.), and then based on those notices they *may* have sent out a second batch of acceptances by the time they get your scores. I think you'd be pressing your luck for some schools.

I would retake the DAT if you are confident that you can bring your scores up significantly, however be aware that many schools will already have lots of acceptances sent out by then.