$45 NBME test - standard timing mode

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnms

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone know if the standard timing mode on the NBME $45 test allows you to have breaks between blocks? Or is it like the released items which go from one block to the other w/o a break?

Any help would be great!

8 days 'till D-day. Finally scoring Qbank in the 60s - i was in the 50s fro the longest time) - hallelujah! I'm working my way through FA once or twice more b4 next weds and going to read step-up starting today to bring things together - "the quick hits" are good i've heard.

Good luck to you all!! :D :D

Members don't see this ad.

I took 1 of them on standard mode on Sun nite. When you click end section, it automatically started the next one. There is a pause button however at the bottom which I never used so I'm not sure about the limitations of it.

Good luck

you can pause it as long as you like. you'll lose a couple of seconds if in fact you click end and start the next session. however, i believe there is a 20 day time frame for you to complete the entire exam.

I paused it several times and my computer froze up twice. When I logged back on, it let me resume right where I left off.

Members don't see this ad :)
:D thanks all for your replies

good luck to all-a-yaz :D

hey there~

just to let u know, once u finish the test, u can't go back to look at the questions -- you just get a screen with your score and subject assessments

if you think you want to write down the questions (or drugs, diseases u've never heard of), take it w/ the self-paced timing

and even then, once u click to END a block, there's no going back to it

good luck