450K stolen from doctor by employees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmamba

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow wonder what their plan was after he finds out his real estate is sold

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s more than casual embezzlement…changing his will? Dude was probably sleeping with one or both of them in order for them to have access to that much private stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
That’s more than casual embezzlement…changing his will?
He's a pretty young guy. They don't seem the type to wait 40 years for the long con to pay off. Wonder if a hit was coming.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Physicians in general are great at medicine/taking care of pts but terrible at business. They are way tooooo trustworthy, neglect the importance of finance, and too lazy to oversee the whole practice. I have seen this many times and even when I bring it up to my partners, get shut down being told, "She/he is trustworthy and been with the company for years. We trust him/her with everything". Yet when I ask for specific financial data, nothing can be shown.

Now, with the business I part own, I have control/knowledge of the bank account. I check daily on income and expenditure. If something looks fishy, I find out immediately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This has more details….the dr definitely wasn’t paying attention. They also stole $7000 from a coworker.

Sounds like they voted for Fettermann and didn’t get their student loans forgiven by Biden.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
I trust my wife with my life but I surely would check the accounts regularly even if it was my wife running the show lest 2 girls who looks like the could barely function at a business meeting.

We were embezzled from. We got too busy and gave too much trust to an employee. We then prosecuted, got back what we could and she has a felony charge

Docs who open up their own practice need to realize that Business is #1. No matter how great your care is, if the business is not cared for then there is no care to give. Can't save the brain if the heart is broken.

Last edited:
which is why some doctors should not go in to private practice - those who are incompetent at finances and those who feel ethically bound to treat all patients equally regardless of their ability to pay.

and yes, i am financially inept...

Reactions: 1 user
um... where do you see his age?

the Ramarao Naidu i find on the web is an 88 year old doc, that has apparently been doing some folklore medicine research for over 40 years.

does not need a "hit" for an 88 year old..

may just 2 20 year olds........
Ah sorry at first glance I thought it was well-known pain doc Ramana Naidu hence why it was in this forum

Literally something that keeps me up at night.

I went into pp after fellowship last summer, taking over for a retiring doc. I have a decent grip on personal finances and thought I’d have the gusto and drive to figure out how to do pp.

Little did I realize how tired I’d be at the end of the day spending time getting into the details with business management and making more decisions. I’m sure I’ve made stupid choices with many things, like continuing the existing retirement accounts instead of price shopping and comparing my own. It’s also the same with the existing infrastructure - it’s just so much easier to leave it as is, instead of diving in and figuring out if it needs changing.

I definitely check the accounts daily and am notified of all transactions as they occur, but I can see how easy it would be for this to happen to me.

When I first started my practice several years ago I came in here requesting advice. There used to be a poster named PMR4MSK or something along those lines. He told me to never let anyone else pick up my mail. Good piece of advice.

I'll also add to do your own billing. If your billing person knows more about billing than you do, I 100% guarantee you will find several instances where some payers' electronic remittances are being funneled into your biller's bank account and not yours.