4's in writing

Started by laimyours
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

laimyours

like my hat?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who else here as gotten a score of 4 in both writing sections? I have, and I've noticed it seems like a rare event. It does not seem to hold much weight when it comes to the composite though. Is the writing score seperate from the composite?
 
I got 4's, and it definitely appears to be separate from the composite. The composite is listed under the "multiple-choice" side anyway on the score sheet. I wonder just how much a school would even care about the writing anyway. It's probably serves as more of a red flag if you get a bad score than something to impress them with.
 
I also got two 4's. I have no idea how because writing isn't my thing. Maybe they felt bad for me since my composite was only 71,haha. I was also wondering how much weight it held because I haven't really heard anyone talking about the writing at all. Of course when I get a good score it's not something they care about.
 
I agree with apteryx about the red flag thing...I've listened to a couple pharmacy school representatives who came to my university and they basically said as long as you have a 3 or above you're fine, but getting a 5 vs. 3 isn't really going to make much difference.