4th Year Dermatology Away Rotations

Started by dermal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dermal

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking for good dermatology programs that provide an excellent hands on learning environment for a 4th year visiting student. Preference is for programs in the South or East. I am not interested in programs where I would just be shadowing.
 
I am looking for good dermatology programs that provide an excellent hands on learning environment for a 4th year visiting student. Preference is for programs in the South or East. I am not interested in programs where I would just be shadowing.

As a headsup, the vast majority of programs for students tend to be observational in nature.

Most clinics tend to be fast-paced with a high volume of patients. While I understand how frustrating it can be for a student to "just shadow" (we've all been there), it is often not feasible to throw students into the mix without slowing clinic to a crawl