4th year looking to do away

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pillowface

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was thinking about doing an away rotation in Emergency but I am NOT going into emergency! Does anybody have any recommendations for away electives! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I was thinking about doing an away rotation in Emergency but I am NOT going into emergency! Does anybody have any recommendations for away electives! Thanks :)
It's not unusual for other specialties to have rotators in Emergency Medicine. I get applications through VSAS all the time from Family Medicine, Peds, Anesthesiology, etc. I have fairly stringent requirements to do a rotation in my institution, even for those going into Emergency Medicine including sending me a letter letting me know why they want to do a rotation in EM and what they hope to gain by the experience. I'd suggest looking through VSAS to see who accepts students not going into EM. Other than that, it all depends on if you have a geographical preference or not.

Good luck!

I would think that applying for a rotation later in the year would increase your chances of getting a spot being a non EM person.