4th year rotations...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dude neh

Krumbsnatcha
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the people that did away electives, how did you decide where to take these away electives? It seems like just about anywhere out there offers them. A lot of the information in the sticky threads has been very helpful in talking about the pros/cons of doing an away rotation, but I couldn't find much info on choosing places to do them.

It seems logical to apply to a place where you'd want to go for residency (to get a feel for the place and for the place to get a feel for you)...but to be really honest, I don't feel like I have a good grasp on where I'd even want to apply for residency.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

start with what region of the country you might want to live. do a search here on some of the programs in that area...search for old interview reviews and ask about specific programs here...many residents post here often and most will pm you with specifics about their program. I did not do enough research before I set up my away rotations.