4th year schedule

Started by stunna8
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stunna8

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good evening friends,
I had a question for all the rads pros out there. What is the best way to schedule your fourth year in terms of rads electives (home and away) and vacation and interview time. I have 2 months for rads rotations and 2 months for vacation and interviews. Vacation includes taking step 2 and study time involved. I did well on Step 1 so I am not in any hurry to take step 2 but our school makes us take it by Dec 31st.

Thank you in advance for any replies, I am kind of stressing out since this deadline crept up on me pretty quickly. :scared:
 
If you're planning away rotations, do them before applications go out if possible but definitely before December. Aways have an almost 99% chance of getting you an interview, in my opinion, so you'll want them to know you before or at least by the time they download your ERAS application.

As for vacation... I'd schedule it during November, December, or January since that's when most people are gone on interview trips. I was finished interviewing by Thanksgiving, except for one program in January.