-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
5 days left
Started by Cju101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yup...since a couple of days ago. i'm just glad that my friends keep my spirits up by telling me i'll do fine...
Completely. I don't think I left myself enough time to really study the chemistry and get a lot of practice. I hear October calling my name.
Completely. I don't think I left myself enough time to really study the chemistry and get a lot of practice. I hear October calling my name.
I hear ya man! I feel the same.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3 frickin days!! ahh...
im so burnt out from studying...
im so burnt out from studying...
I spent the last week studying the Kaplan book from cover to cover. I know I need to go back through and do more, but I cannot bring myself to do so! I start classes at a new school tomorrow too. And I am trying to find a job as a pharm tech, as I just moved to VA from NY two weeks ago!
My summer classes just ended last friday too, so I was trying to get them finished.
Anyone else feel like they are going to self implode?
At least my method of procrastinating has been to work on my personal statement!
Soon it will be all over and you will be relieved for about a day. Then you get to spend the next 4-6 weeks fretting over what your score will be.
Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that, if you have been studying a lot for this, just go easy on yourself in the last one to three days before the test. Maybe hit your weakest spots, but take it easy. At this point, you probably won't take anything in that well, and you will burn out before the exam.
Oh yeah, I also wanted to say that, if you have been studying a lot for this, just go easy on yourself in the last one to three days before the test. Maybe hit your weakest spots, but take it easy. At this point, you probably won't take anything in that well, and you will burn out before the exam.
I just took a barron's practice test for chem and got barely half the answers right.
god damnit. that and I havent taken orgo yet.... argh.
god damnit. that and I havent taken orgo yet.... argh.
I just took a barron's practice test for chem and got barely half the answers right.
god damnit. that and I havent taken orgo yet.... argh.
It's insane how many people are taking the PCAT without having first taken the prerequisite courses.
In some cases it works - like if your general biology was really good, then you are halfway ok for the microbiology and genetics. However, topics like calculus and organic (I hate the "orgo" abbreviation people here use - it makes no sense) really need for you to have gone through the course unless you are really good at teaching yourself new things.
I guess it is because so many are wanting to do two years of undergraduate work and then go to pharmacy school. Eventually, a BS will probably be required, so the problem will fix itself.
It's insane how many people are taking the PCAT without having first taken the prerequisite courses.
In some cases it works - like if your general biology was really good, then you are halfway ok for the microbiology and genetics. However, topics like calculus and organic (I hate the "orgo" abbreviation people here use - it makes no sense) really need for you to have gone through the course unless you are really good at teaching yourself new things.
I guess it is because so many are wanting to do two years of undergraduate work and then go to pharmacy school. Eventually, a BS will probably be required, so the problem will fix itself.
How does "O Chem" sound? We use that here in the west coast. Orgo is more of an east coast thing, sounds evil. 😀
I agree with you. I was planning on doing two year of pre-req and then transfering to a pharmacy school but I realized I wouldn't do well on the pcat. So I finished everything and now here I am waiting for Aug 25th.
Two days left!! Good luck everyone.😎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, I'm sick of studying. I'm just like whatever right now. Went to see a movie last night. Chilled w/my nieces and sister today. I'm working the next two days. I want to take the test right now and just get it over with lol
Plus, fall semester starts 2 days after the exam.
I'm takin a Kaplan class, and I did really well on the diagnostic....the guys at Kaplan say that really nobody scores lower than their diagnostic...pray that that's true!
Plus, fall semester starts 2 days after the exam.
I'm takin a Kaplan class, and I did really well on the diagnostic....the guys at Kaplan say that really nobody scores lower than their diagnostic...pray that that's true!
i am also procrastinating studying by working on my PS 🙂 seems to be working because i am almost done
btw there was barely any orgo (sorry, im from east coast!) on june pcat...if that makes you feel better
on the other hand i havent taken micro or genetics so i didnt do that great on bio...hopefully i will do better this time
good luck everyone!!!
btw there was barely any orgo (sorry, im from east coast!) on june pcat...if that makes you feel better
on the other hand i havent taken micro or genetics so i didnt do that great on bio...hopefully i will do better this time
good luck everyone!!!
How does "O Chem" sound? We use that here in the west coast. Orgo is more of an east coast thing, sounds evil. 😀
I agree with you. I was planning on doing two year of pre-req and then transfering to a pharmacy school but I realized I wouldn't do well on the pcat. So I finished everything and now here I am waiting for Aug 25th.
Two days left!! Good luck everyone.😎
"O Chem" is fine with me, as it is a logical abbreviation.
Glad you finished everything. Too many people are eager to throw all that money down before they are ready. Somebody must be making some good cash off of that.
Considering the profit in testing, I'm surprised that the MCAT people only allow three tests per person.
I had to drink half a glass of wine tonight to wind down a bit. I'm having a bad week in life, so with that and the PCAT=nutz! I feel better now...lol.
ahhh! yes I am. I woke up an hour before my alarm went off this morning and every time I feel back asleep I started dreams about the PCAT. Things like I was on my way and was late (aka no test for me), Somehow skipping a part of the test, etr.
believe it or not, but some Johnny Cash is keeping me at bay!
(and no...i'm actually not a hill billy...asian-indian to be exact)
(and no...i'm actually not a hill billy...asian-indian to be exact)
It's insane how many people are taking the PCAT without having first taken the prerequisite courses.
In some cases it works - like if your general biology was really good, then you are halfway ok for the microbiology and genetics. However, topics like calculus and organic (I hate the "orgo" abbreviation people here use - it makes no sense) really need for you to have gone through the course unless you are really good at teaching yourself new things.
I guess it is because so many are wanting to do two years of undergraduate work and then go to pharmacy school. Eventually, a BS will probably be required, so the problem will fix itself.
I already have a Bachelors. Unfortunately, it is in theatre. However, this left me with nothing but science requirements left to finish before pharm school, so I really don't have enough left to take to spend three years doing it. Thus, I am taking the pcat before I have taken "O Chem". Did not mean to displease your eardrums, but its very commonly called orgo where I am from.
A lot of the mistakes I made are just stupid, and consequently, I did better on the o chem section of the practice test than anything else. I got a organic review book and I have been going along my merry way teaching myself what I can.
My biggest problem is the timing. I am not very fast with math problems in my head. It isnt that I don't know how to do the problems, but rushing through them, I make a lot of stupid mistakes. But, well, that is why I am practicing.
I found your post to be rather judgemental, so if I respond in like tone and I am misreading you, I do apologize.
today!! (after tomorrow)!! :0
we're all going crazy
edit: how are you guys going about the reading comp section?
we have 8 minutes per passage to read and answer questions...it makes me nervous
we're all going crazy
edit: how are you guys going about the reading comp section?
we have 8 minutes per passage to read and answer questions...it makes me nervous
How much time do we have for each section? Is it 30 minutes per section?
I just finished a reading comp. section in 22 minutes, scored 51-58. Made some dumb dumb dumb mistakes (and I didn't read the last paragraph of a passage because it was cut out and on the top of the next page!😡)
I just finished a reading comp. section in 22 minutes, scored 51-58. Made some dumb dumb dumb mistakes (and I didn't read the last paragraph of a passage because it was cut out and on the top of the next page!😡)
50 minutes, 6 passages, 48 questions
edit: how are you guys going about the reading comp section?
we have 8 minutes per passage to read and answer questions...it makes me nervous
Someone somewhere suggested reading the first sentence of each paragraph first, then reading the questions, then reading the document.
Someone else suggested taking minor notes so that you have an easier time finding the answers in a "sea of words"
I am going to rely on prayer I think.
Someone somewhere suggested reading the first sentence of each paragraph first, then reading the questions, then reading the document.
Someone else suggested taking minor notes so that you have an easier time finding the answers in a "sea of words"
I am going to rely on prayer I think.
Maybe those techniques work for some people, but I think doing that wastes your time. Ideally, you'll read (analytically) one time through. You have to read at a decent pace, but you don't want to fly through it and not absorb the information. Then answer all of the questions you can.
If you come across a question you can't answer, but you know where exactly in the passage to look, go ahead and find the answer. If you are clueless or if you can't decide on an answer, circle it and come back at the end if you have time. This works because you don't get flustered from spending 5 minutes on just one question.
I also thought that I wouldn't have time to finish, but I had a few minutes to spare at the end.
this sucks it feels like saturday is doomsday...as if i'm having surgery or something sigh
this sucks it feels like saturday is doomsday...as if i'm having surgery or something sigh
Totally agree. I'm getting very depressed right now about it...lol. I know I can't learn any more by then, so I'll just take one practice test tomorrow and let it be.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well....i cried about it for one hour...now i feel much better
....i keep saying to my self if i do bad on this one then i still got october...which makes me feel better....
im gona suck on the verbal plus reading.....🙁
....i keep saying to my self if i do bad on this one then i still got october...which makes me feel better....im gona suck on the verbal plus reading.....🙁
well....i cried about it for one hour...now i feel much better....i keep saying to my self if i do bad on this one then i still got october...which makes me feel better....
im gona suck on the verbal plus reading.....🙁
I'd rather suck ar reading/verbal than on the chemistry! That shiznit is giving me so much grief! Even the bio section, in which I had a lot of confidence in, is starting to look more difficult. There are so many micro questions, are we supposed to know all these diseases and what they came from (bacteria, fungi, protozoa, etc).
Hello.
Good luck to you guys tomorrow, I am out. I am going to ask Harcourt to give me a refund for the PCAT test that I am supposed to take tomorrow. However, I am not going to show up because this is too much stress factor for me. I did well on the PCAT in June and that was the second time I took it. Why bother taking it a third time? It would be a waste of money, time, and five to six hours of drive to get there.
Thanks.
Good luck to you guys tomorrow, I am out. I am going to ask Harcourt to give me a refund for the PCAT test that I am supposed to take tomorrow. However, I am not going to show up because this is too much stress factor for me. I did well on the PCAT in June and that was the second time I took it. Why bother taking it a third time? It would be a waste of money, time, and five to six hours of drive to get there.
Thanks.
so what is your guys' "day before judgement day" schedule? for me:
-do a timed full-length reading comprehension section (maybe a 2nd one)
-drop my brother in law and sister off at LAX airport
-sit in traffic on the way back
-come home and do a timed writing section (probably two of them)
-go out tonight...maybe a movie or dinner and a movie...or anything that doesn't involve me being in the vicinity of my residence
-hit the sack at midnight!
-do a timed full-length reading comprehension section (maybe a 2nd one)
-drop my brother in law and sister off at LAX airport
-sit in traffic on the way back
-come home and do a timed writing section (probably two of them)
-go out tonight...maybe a movie or dinner and a movie...or anything that doesn't involve me being in the vicinity of my residence
-hit the sack at midnight!
Hello.
I am going to ask Harcourt to give me a refund for the PCAT test that I am supposed to take tomorrow.
You can't get a refund this late. I think a lot of us wish we could though!
Schedule:
Class 9-12. Transfer flies in lab.
Go home, lunch, practice test for chem.
Nap b/c I can't seem to sleep at night.
Drive to phoenix.
Do another practice test then chill.
how far is the drive for you guys? the test center is about 40 minutes away...i'm happy about that!
anyways...it's ridiculous how much being relaxed helps you. did the reading comp section last night and i bombed it cuz i was stressed. today i had the "f*ck it" attitude...and did MUCH better
anyways...it's ridiculous how much being relaxed helps you. did the reading comp section last night and i bombed it cuz i was stressed. today i had the "f*ck it" attitude...and did MUCH better
Very true. I did a chem section yesterday and got about 20x. Was about to kill myself.how far is the drive for you guys? the test center is about 40 minutes away...i'm happy about that!
anyways...it's ridiculous how much being relaxed helps you. did the reading comp section last night and i bombed it cuz i was stressed. today i had the "f*ck it" attitude...and did MUCH better
This morning, did another section while drinking a vitamin water and eating some fruit with the TV on, got 7 wrong.
Which leads me to this question:
Are food/beverages/televisions allowed during the test?
so what is your guys' "day before judgement day" schedule? for me:
-do a timed full-length reading comprehension section (maybe a 2nd one)
-drop my brother in law and sister off at LAX airport
-sit in traffic on the way back
-come home and do a timed writing section (probably two of them)
-go out tonight...maybe a movie or dinner and a movie...or anything that doesn't involve me being in the vicinity of my residence
-hit the sack at midnight!
Woke up at 6am. Had a genetics class at 8:30am. Just got home. I'm really stressed out and I'm feeling depressed right now. So, I'm gonna go take a shower n get something to eat. I keep debating if I should study or just screw it now. Most people would take a practice exam or even cram. But is it going to really help? After taking the 2nd Harcourt Practice test I realized theres no way of being prepared for this test. You have no idea what will show up. You could get a chemistry section with more O Chem or more G Chem. Its all luck!
Oh Yeah! I plan on being in bed at 10pm because the longer I stay up the more anxious I'll get.
Very true. I did a chem section yesterday and got about 20x. Was about to kill myself.
This morning, did another section while drinking a vitamin water and eating some fruit with the TV on, got 7 wrong.
Which leads me to this question:
Are food/beverages/televisions allowed during the test?
That happend to me last week! I was hecka chill and listening to music while taking the verbal section. I have never scored as high as I did that day. The more relaxed you are the better you do because stress and nervousness just clogs up your brain.
Good Luck Everyone!
The testing center is about 5 miles way. woot for me.
Today's plan: fret.
No, really, I was going to do some practice problems, but at this point, it is just going to stress me out to no end. I opened the Kaplan's book, and I couldn't even focus a bit. Started doing some anatomy homework, but then my hand started to hurt, so I stopped because I have quite a bit of writing to do tomorrow that I need my hand for. Now I am just waiting for the pool party at my apartment complex to start so I can go get some free food and do some swimmin.
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Breathe in! Breath out!
Today's plan: fret.
No, really, I was going to do some practice problems, but at this point, it is just going to stress me out to no end. I opened the Kaplan's book, and I couldn't even focus a bit. Started doing some anatomy homework, but then my hand started to hurt, so I stopped because I have quite a bit of writing to do tomorrow that I need my hand for. Now I am just waiting for the pool party at my apartment complex to start so I can go get some free food and do some swimmin.
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Breathe in! Breath out!
i have retired from studying
good luck everybody, have a safe drive, eat something before the exam, and relax!
good luck everybody, have a safe drive, eat something before the exam, and relax!
I hope I'm ready. If I could just calm down I will be OK. 😳
I have to drive two hours to Phoenix to my parent's house tonight. Then the testing center is 45 minutes from where they live. Thankfully, if I take the PCAT again in October I will only have to drive 10 minutes total. But I do get free food this weekend...lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About an hour away.
I'm having someone else give me a ride because I have never driven up there and I'd likely get lost somewhere on the way. I'd probably be too stressed out to drive very carefully.
I'm having someone else give me a ride because I have never driven up there and I'd likely get lost somewhere on the way. I'd probably be too stressed out to drive very carefully.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 24
- Views
- 5K