5 Steps for 21 AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSNCSUN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN! The time has come for the breakdown. 5 Steps for a 21 AA.
Maybe it's not the best of the best but it's a dream for some and I would like to share my advice on how to get there. So let's start it.

STEP 1: Chad's Videos, Cliff's AP BIO, BC Generators
You're not going to want to tackle anything in depth until you have reviewed the content, unless you have recently finished your GC, OC, and BIO in the past semester. I advice nobody to START with Destroyer. I recommend purchasing chad's videos through course saver and not his own website because the ones on course saver are catered specifically for DAT exam. So you will review OC and GC here, and not QR I think it's a waste of time. You will also read through cliff's first round to become familiar with old topics. During this time, also familiarize yourself with PAT with the generators.

STEP 2: Destroyer and Math Destroyer
After refreshing your memory, you are ready to start DESTROYER, go through all of destroyer and marking questions you feel confused or are weak on that topic. FINISH THIS WHOLE BOOK! Also when working on either destroyer or math destroyer do not time yourself, just take time to understand the concept because this book is not made as a practice test, it's made to challenge you to truly understand the topics, and I assure you when you are finished with it, you will feel accomplished

Step 3: BOOTCAMP Time
Now it's time to start practicing with the clock on and pressure on. You need to master EVERYTHING on this website, every single exam and supplemental materials in the strategy sections.

Step 4: Review mistakes in DESTROYER and BOOTCAMP; Review Cliff's!!!

STEP 5: Some hypocritical advice: chill the heck out; you're going to become a doctor so you can handle this exam.

PAT can get very frustrating for some but it really is about practice and understand the pattern to the answers, and practice until you get sick. Honestly, I think there are some students who see some details more easliy and quicker than others and they will need less practice, and if you're one of those then that's great.
In my opinion, I wouldn't invest much time into Crack DAT PAT; I did not find it to be on the same level as the real DAT HOWEVER the only POSITIVE point about it is that the subscription never expires. The reason I did not use feralis bio notes is due to the fact that I felt that this was simply a combination of all the facts from cliff's and destroyer put together. Also, it was fact after fact, making it a very difficult read, and it was just not made for my mind. Also, for PAT a good strategy may be to skip angles until the end. Finally, I recommend looking for RC practice outside of BC. I used qvault but I'm not sure if that was the best source, you may find other ones.
In terms of non study advice, I think it's not all about boxing yourself into the world of the DAT. Maybe there are many days which that is necessary but during your schedule you need to go out and socialize and exercise! These are essential for stimulating your mind and brain for better performance on your practice tests.
If anybody has specific questions, feel free to ask!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• IMG_2542.JPG
    IMG_2542.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: 1 users
What's your tip for BIO? This is the section I want to get up most lol. I will neglect math as I know the 30 comes down to me reading carefully looool (yes I've done math destroyer... It's honestly pretty ez for me but I made sure to get it this time around so i'd be sure)

Maybe it's not the best of the best but it's a dream for some and I would like to share my advice on how to get there. So let's start it.

You're not going to want to tackle anything in depth until you have reviewed the content, unless you have recently finished your GC, OC, and BIO in the past semester. I advice nobody to START with Destroyer. I recommend purchasing chad's videos through course saver and not his own website because the ones on course saver are catered specifically for DAT exam. So you will review OC and GC here, and not QR I think it's a waste of time. You will also read through cliff's first round to become familiar with old topics. During this time, also familiarize yourself with PAT with the generators.

After refreshing your memory, you are ready to start DESTROYER, go through all of destroyer and marking questions you feel confused or are weak on that topic. FINISH THIS WHOLE BOOK! Also when working on either destroyer or math destroyer do not time yourself, just take time to understand the concept because this book is not made as a practice test, it's made to challenge you to truly understand the topics, and I assure you when you are finished with it, you will feel accomplished

Now it's time to start practicing with the clock on and pressure on. You need to master EVERYTHING on this website, every single exam and supplemental materials in the strategy sections.

STEP 5: Some hypocritical advice: chill the heck out; you're going to become a doctor so you can handle this exam.

PAT can get very frustrating for some but it really is about practice and understand the pattern to the answers, and practice until you get sick. Honestly, I think there are some students who see some details more easliy and quicker than others and they will need less practice, and if you're one of those then that's great.
In my opinion, I wouldn't invest much time into Crack DAT PAT; I did not find it to be on the same level as the real DAT HOWEVER the only POSITIVE point about it is that the subscription never expires. The reason I did not use feralis bio notes is due to the fact that I felt that this was simply a combination of all the facts from cliff's and destroyer put together. Also, it was fact after fact, making it a very difficult read, and it was just not made for my mind. Also, for PAT a good strategy may be to skip angles until the end. Finally, I recommend looking for RC practice outside of BC. I used qvault but I'm not sure if that was the best source, you may find other ones.
In terms of non study advice, I think it's not all about boxing yourself into the world of the DAT. Maybe there are many days which that is necessary but during your schedule you need to go out and socialize and exercise! These are essential for stimulating your mind and brain for better performance on your practice tests.

Great job!! How much time did you spend studying? Also for chad's videos did you take detailed notes and do the quizzes or just watch to refresh memory??

Great job!! How much time did you spend studying? Also for chad's videos did you take detailed notes and do the quizzes or just watch to refresh memory??
Thank you.
I'm not sure about detailed notes but something you can go through and understand clearly, i think notes are important The quizes take some time and time is money so i think the videos are good for review, and he does some sample questions as well not just lecture in the vids so that's kind of quiZing

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What's your tip for BIO? This is the section I want to get up most lol. I will neglect math as I know the 30 comes down to me reading carefully looool (yes I've done math destroyer... It's honestly pretty ez for me but I made sure to get it this time around so i'd be sure)
My tip for bio is to expose yourself to as much material and facts as possible and if cliffs does not get into detail about a topic( it tends to be vague at times) write some notes on it and you're good. Also remember number of chromosomes in meiosis/mitosis ;)

Congrats on your scores! I'm applying to most of the California schools too, but a lot of private schools as well.

What would you say was the difference in difficulty between Bootcamp/Destroyer and the real test?

What would you say was the difference in difficulty between Bootcamp/Destroyer and the real test?
Destroyer had unfriendly numbers at times and that wasnt the case in real dat gen chem but in terms of concepts it was spot on. There aren't any trick questions it's just about being exposed to as many types of questions as possible and destroyer helps with that. Bootcamp challenges your timing abilities

Awesome! Congrats! :)

Congratulations!

You have the DAT behind you, hooray! You worked very hard and we were happy to answer your questions on SDN through the study process. I simply love those science scores and 22TS is quite impressive and the dental schools will take notice. I see no problem with your GPA and DAT scores you will not get interviews at the CA schools you indicated.

Thanks for the breakdown and the shoutout!

Wishing you the best...Nancy and Dr. Romano