5 unfilled spots in derm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to Imgresidency, there's five unfilled PGY-2 spots in derm in this match cycle. 3 in central, 2 in Northeast. fyi.

Members don't see this ad.

Could you elaborate on this? I'm interested in serving a 3 year GMO tour in the Army after my intern year, then applying for derm PGY2 spot. Are there usually a few spots left open?

kedhegard said:
Could you elaborate on this? I'm interested in serving a 3 year GMO tour in the Army after my intern year, then applying for derm PGY2 spot. Are there usually a few spots left open?
There are usually a few spots that go unmatched in Derm every year.This is generally because a program director or two did not rank sufficient applicants to match(although they could have easily done so).It is not because of a lack of interested or qualified applicants.Most programs have many interested parties lined up doing research with them or they can select from unmatched candidates with great credentials,these spots are generally filled very shortly after the match without a "scramble".