50% imaging study cuts.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt a 50% cut will come even with same-patient images, but I've been saying for the past couple years that this will be the trend... so I'm not exactly surprised.

You guys think this 30% cut would go through? It will essentially make solo FP/IM impractical. They are pushing everyone to become hospital employees.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys think this 30% cut would go through? It will essentially make solo FP/IM impractical. They are pushing everyone to become hospital employees.

Yeah man. Did you see the new office visits for a 30% cut. You would get a paltry 70$ for a new patient in a primary care clinic, and you and I both know that some of these folks are train wrecks that take a LOT of time. That is jacked. I know some people who pay 70$ for a freakin hair cut.

I highly doubt a 50% cut will come even with same-patient images, but I've been saying for the past couple years that this will be the trend... so I'm not exactly surprised.

If history is any indicator, it's probably gonna go through (I've never heard of a CMS proposed paycut not go through for rads), and will likely lower rads salaries about 10-20%, depending on the practice. It's a pretty arbitrary cut (how does reading a head CT make it any easier to read a duplex US study on the same day?)...but whatever, radiologist interpretation payments were arbitrarily made high in the first place.

Don't worry badasshairday, you are 4 years away from looking for a fellowship, no point to stress now

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry badasshairday, you are 4 years away from looking for a fellowship, no point to stress now

4 more years of cuts and average income for physicians will be 80K, and maybe 95K for primary care. :laugh: