515 MCAT, 3.6 science and cum GPA, WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glassesvar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
In state Florida
ORM
taking a gap year

ECs:
  • 3.5 semesters of basic science research, no pubs or posters
  • 200 hours of clinical volunteering
  • hours nonclinical volunteering (working on more this semester before applying)
  • 3 years of significant involvement and leadership position in student organization (not sure if this would count as volunteering also but we put on an event each year for high school students and i have spent hundreds of hours planning for it)
  • 1 semester genetics TA
  • Member of 2 other clubs
  • 200 hours shadowing

Members don't see this ad.

In state Florida
ORM
taking a gap year

ECs:
  • 3.5 semesters of basic science research, no pubs or posters
  • 200 hours of clinical volunteering
  • hours nonclinical volunteering (working on more this semester before applying)
  • 3 years of significant involvement and leadership position in student organization (not sure if this would count as volunteering also but we put on an event each year for high school students and i have spent hundreds of hours planning for it)
  • 1 semester genetics TA
  • Member of 2 other clubs
  • 200 hours shadowing
Invest in MSAR Online and target schools from this list, where your GPAs are > their 10th %iles. Chances will be best with the FL schools, natch.

For your gap year, get off campus and out of your comfort zone, and bone up on service to others less fortunate than yourself.

For 515: CA residents only: ALL UCs, but UCR ONLY IF you're from the Inland Empire

Mt Sinai
Mayo (maybe)
Case
U VM
U Toledo
UCF and all other FL schools
U Cincy
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
TCU/UNT

Reactions: 1 user
Invest in MSAR Online and target schools from this list, where your GPAs are > their 10th %iles. Chances will be best with the FL schools, natch.

For your gap year, get off campus and out of your comfort zone, and bone up on service to others less fortunate than yourself.

For 515: CA residents only: ALL UCs, but UCR ONLY IF you're from the Inland Empire

Mt Sinai
Mayo (maybe)
Case
U VM
U Toledo
UCF and all other FL schools
U Cincy
St. Louis
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
USC/Keck
Dartmouth
Seton Hall
MCW
Loyola
Emory
BU
Duke
Pitt
Hofstra
Tufts
Oakland-B
Western MI
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
TCU/UNT
In your opinion do you think I should be applying DO, or am I a safe candidate for MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied only MD (19) the first year with a 513 and 3.6 and did not get an acceptance. Nothing is guaranteed. Throw in some DOs if you absolutely do not want to be a re-applicant.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I applied only MD (19) the first year with a 513 and 3.6 and did not get an acceptance. Nothing is guaranteed. Throw in some DOs if you absolutely do not want to be a re-applicant.
Your investment in networking with students and admissions staff can help.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile