515 on mcat should I still do Pharmacy???? Need Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerLily223

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I sort of had a mental breakdown and decided to shoot for medical school instead of pharmacy 2 months before matriculation into the pharmacy program. I ended up deterring my acceptance so I have a couple of months left to make my final decision. I ended up taking the mcat and i just got my score of a 515!! I am completely shocked and excited. But what about pharmacy, is there really saturation? Will I not be able to find a job after graduation? Please help!! :sorry:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I sort of had a mental breakdown and decided to shoot for medical school instead of pharmacy 2 months before matriculation into the pharmacy program. I ended up deterring my acceptance so I have a couple of months left to make my final decision. I ended up taking the mcat and i just got my score of a 515!! I am completely shocked and excited. But what about pharmacy, is there really saturation? Will I not be able to find a job after graduation? Please help!! :sorry:

 
Do not let your chances of becoming a MD while pursuing an uncertain future in pharmacy.
Congrats again on that MCAT!
 
So I sort of had a mental breakdown and decided to shoot for medical school instead of pharmacy 2 months before matriculation into the pharmacy program. I ended up deterring my acceptance so I have a couple of months left to make my final decision. I ended up taking the mcat and i just got my score of a 515!! I am completely shocked and excited. But what about pharmacy, is there really saturation? Will I not be able to find a job after graduation? Please help!! :sorry:

Do whatever that floats your boat..
 
508 equates to 30 on previous Mcat which was competitive score for majority of med schools.

515 should put you in top 10 or perhaps 5%.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Total BS.. You won’t get rejected everywhere after having 517. You have no clue about how admission process works.

And what a way to derail already ****ty thread?
Try it yourself. Submit your application as an asian california student only having 517 on mcat, but average elsewhere. See how many interviews will you get.
 
Try it yourself. Submit your application as an asian california student only having 517 on mcat, but average elsewhere. See how many interviews will you get.

It’s safer to be quite when you don’t know jack ****. Simple google search will show you Mcat percentiles. Score of 517 is 95th percentile and with that score you will get in somewhere unless all you applying for is Harvard, stanford and Yale.
 
It’s safer to be quite when you don’t know jack ****. Simple google search will show you Mcat percentiles. Score of 517 is 95th percentile and with that score you will get in somewhere unless all you applying for is Harvard, stanford and Yale.
I think you have never applied to med schools, didn't you? For asian kids, 517 is not a high score. For black kids, it can land interviews everywhere. For asian californians, forget it~
 
I think you have never applied to med schools, didn't you? For asian kids, 517 is not a high score. For black kids, it can land interviews everywhere. For asian californians, forget it~

Here is the average mcat scores by schools. Not a single college in California other than Stanford has higher average score than 517. So you see it’s kinda hard to believe the hogwash like Asian kid can “forget” about getting into one of dozens schools in California after getting “only” 517.

So if you wanna pass your opinions as facts, you need you provide some objective numbers to back up your claims. Stop pretending like you seat on medical admission committee.

 

Here is the average mcat scores by schools. Not a single college in California other than Stanford has higher average score than 517. So you see it’s kinda hard to believe the hogwash like Asian kid can “forget” about getting into California after getting “only” 517.

So if you wanna pass your opinions as facts, you need you provide some objective numbers to back up your claims. Stop pretending like you seat on medical admission committee.
your link is unavailable lol.


3.4 and 512 is the cutoff for UCLA. So you are telling me 517 is high, for an asian kid? Get your facts straight.
 
Here is the average mcat scores by schools. Not a single college in California other than Stanford has higher average score than 517. So you see it’s kinda hard to believe the hogwash like Asian kid can “forget” about getting into one of dozens schools in California after getting “only” 517.

So if you wanna pass your opinions as facts, you need you provide some objective numbers to back up your claims. Stop pretending like you seat on medical admission committee.

I had several asian friends from UCLA with 3.8 and 515-520 and didn't get in any CA med schools and had to go to OOS expensive private med schools. Do your research before posting BS comments.
 
your link is unavailable lol.


3.4 and 512 is the cutoff for UCLA. So you are telling me 517 is high, for an asian kid? Get your facts straight.

I have fixed the link. Anyways I am not seeing any value from continuing this discussion. All you have done is pass your opinions as facts but nothing to back that up. What makes you an authority on this subject? 517 isn’t high for an Asian student based exactly on what? Are all Asian kids scoring 90th percentile and above? You telling me all Asian students enrolled into dozen Californian schools have gotten over 517 when normal average score is well below?

Again provide some numerical facts and not the opinions.
 
I had several asian friends from UCLA with 3.8 and 515-520 and didn't get in any CA med schools and had to go to OOS expensive private med schools. Do your research before posting BS comments.

May be they couldn’t get in since they were terrible during interviews?? May be they didn’t have required extracurricular or research which is norm these days. And how come they got into out of state schools because in your original post you claimed you may not get “anywhere” after scoring 517 if you are Asian?
 
I have fixed the link. Anyways I am not seeing any value from continuing this discussion. All you have done is pass your opinions as facts but nothing to back that up. What makes you an authority on this subject? 517 isn’t high for an Asian student based exactly on what? Are all Asian kids scoring 90th percentile and above? You telling me all Asian students enrolled into dozen Californian schools have gotten over 517 when normal average score is well below?

Again provide some numerical facts and not the opinions.
Check out the MD admission forum, simple and easy. This is SDN after all. It's so easy to browse their old posts and see asian competitive stats. There is also LizzyM score to assess competitiveness. Do your homework before publicly displaying your lack of knowledge on this subject matter. You are making a fool out of yourself.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.