521 Ask me Anything!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thrower123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scored a 521 on my MCAT this summer, ask me anything!

Members don't see this ad.

How did you feel waiting for your exam? Did you think about questions you know you missed or did you forget specifics the second you left the exam?

Honestly there are a couple questions that stand out in my mind because I found them really difficult and wasn't sure if I got them right. But for the most part I forgot the specifics are I left.

Scored a 521 on my MCAT this summer, ask me anything!

Did you start off scoring 521 using the 3rd party material? Halfway through content review, I took the AAMC sample and scored 502, and a 500 NS FL1. Any advice on how to get over this hump? There's some gaps in my content, but I really need to practice, practice at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you start off scoring 521 using the 3rd party material? Halfway through content review, I took the AAMC sample and scored 502, and a 500 NS FL1. Any advice on how to get over this hump? There's some gaps in my content, but I really need to practice, practice at this point.

Definitely did not start off even close to that! My first third party full length I was about halfway through the content and I scored a 503, and I think the highest I ever scored on the third party tests was 511. I started using AAMC material near the end of my studying (4-6 weeks out) and then I started seeing higher scores. I struggled too getting over the hump! My advice is exactly what you said. Practice, practice, practice as much as you can! Practice is way more valuable than content review. The more practice you do the more you can fill in the gaps in the content. That being said, don't forget to take lots of breaks and pace yourself! This is a marathon not a sprint :) I did everything I could to keep myself motivated getting over the hump - watching youtube videos of med students, reading books written by doctors - but I also made sure I had time for myself to have fun!

Definitely did not start off even close to that! My first third party full length I was about halfway through the content and I scored a 503, and I think the highest I ever scored on the third party tests was 511. I started using AAMC material near the end of my studying (4-6 weeks out) and then I started seeing higher scores. I struggled too getting over the hump! My advice is exactly what you said. Practice, practice, practice as much as you can! Practice is way more valuable than content review. The more practice you do the more you can fill in the gaps in the content. That being said, don't forget to take lots of breaks and pace yourself! This is a marathon not a sprint :) I did everything I could to keep myself motivated getting over the hump - watching youtube videos of med students, reading books written by doctors - but I also made sure I had time for myself to have fun!

Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

How did you think you performed on the test? I and many others on this forum are about to get our scores in under 72 hrs. Seems like a common theme to be less confident after taking the test and waiting for scores.