5th Batch, Canadian Student, Nothing back yet!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TAD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've vented to my friends, now venting on SDN.... I'm a Canadian student , fifth batcher... applied to Baylor, boston, Case, HOward, Marquette, Meharry, NYU, Roseman, Temple, Detroit, Illinois, UMDNJ, Minnesota, Texas-San Ant and Houston, and Pacific. Haven't heard back yet-- should I be super worried!? Or is it too early to start plan B?

Dat: Rc- 19 Sci Total: 20 Pat: 18
GPA: BCP- 3.53 Science: 3.32 Non-Science: 3.76 Overall: 3.54

Thousands of hours (no joke) assisting and managing dental offices, travelled abroad to volunteer in dental clinics.. etc... Want this so bad!:p

Members don't see this ad.

Have lots of family in Texas :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you a URM?
I heard that the Texas schools mostly accept in-state

I like the schools you've applied to and your stats. Your PAT is a little low, but to me it looks like you've demonstrated your commitment to dentistry.

I've herd that Case has finished handing out pre-December interviews, and it is possible that you might not receive interviews with many of those schools prior to December. If you don't, I still think you could receive post-December interviews if your other ECs and references are good.

Still, if I were you, I would consider writing the DAT again in November. If might help you with getting post-December interviews.

Don't lose hope!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just gonna be honest: stats good, Dat good, but not good enough to catch the eye of any Texas school, UOP (21+), or schools like Illinois....your others selections do look good, and I would remain optimistic about hearing from them. You should have done more research on OOS/international acceptance rates before applying...best of luck to you!

Please take a look at doctoothaches spread sheets when u get a chance...GL

periopocket (like your name!), thanks for your feedback :) It's appreciated!

Thank you, and I do wish you the best of luck! The schools I told you to remove are only because of the statistics behind them I promise! It's really cut throat in Texas b/c of low tuition...may i suggest that you add usc, midwestern-az and Midwestern-il.

Possibly even nova, but they are weird sometimes!