6/13 DAT done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ippie

ippie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
the 1st DAT the 2nd DAT
PAT 20 24
QR 20 22
RC 14 16
BIO 21 20
CHM 22 26
ORGO 21 20
TS 21 21
AA 20 21

do I have to retake again?
do you think this score is competitive?
overall gpa is 3.5 and science gpa is 3.8 in 3rd tier university.
which score do i have to use? the first one or second one?

Members don't see this ad.

I think your good to go!

how about giving us a little breakdown of how you studied

what did you use to study for bio and gchem and how long did you study for, how were the science sections? can you please compare them to some tests you took...thanks

I think your scores are fine. I would use the second DAT, you improved in every category with a 1 point drop in bio and ochem, but your PAT is 4 points higher, which is impressive. I think with your GPA you should get in somewhere

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to schools that really care for the PAT IMO.
GOOD LUCK and good job

i am really not trying to be rude...but why do people with such great scores would even think about retaking....i mean you are given the percintile and based on those scores your prally higher than 85 percentile so why even both considering it

i am really not trying to be rude...but why do people with such great scores would even think about retaking....i mean you are given the percintile and based on those scores your prally higher than 85 percentile so why even both considering it

Because the OP didn't do that well in RC, and that RC is usually the most heavily focused area by adcomms.

achiever / topscore
science 18-20 / 20-22
PAT 18-20 / 20-23
QR 21-23 / 21-24
RC I didn't even solve this section.

<study materials>

BIO : I took only bio I and II, but not the higher biology such as molecular bio, microbio, genetics and etc. I think that's why I got only 20. I read Cliffs BIO, some chapters of Campbell and solved Destroyer just once. but bio is so broad and I don't think those materials are helpful. I don't know which materials I have to use for bio section. it's so random and broad. In my opinion, if you take higher biology classes, then you will be fine.

CHM : I used school note, Kaplan blue book and destroyer, I think that's enough. and no tricky questions.

ORGO : I really expected high score in this section because I solve all the questions in Organic chemistry odyssey from DR. Romano. and I inversted most of the time on this section because i thought it's the easiest section to raise up the score. I am so disappointed. don't use organic chemistry odyssey. i think kaplan and destroyer are fine.

PAT : I just took 3-4 tests out of 10 mock tests in CRACK. the scores were 22-24. I think crack is enough and it's very similar to real dat pat.

RC : Frankly speaking, I give up this section. I didn't even study becuase I thought it's the most difficult section that I can raise the score even if I study and practice a lot. I am a slow reader and english is not my first language.

QR : I just solved achiever and topscore, not destoryer. I am good at math, so i didn't spend much time on this section. In real dat, time was not enough. I couldn't even read the very last question.

<study hours>
I studied 10 hours for 3 months. I used achiever, topscore, destroyer, organic chemistry odyssey, crack, Cliffs bio, some chapters of Campbell.
good luck, SDNers!

the 1st DAT the 2nd DAT
PAT 20 24
QR 20 22
RC 14 16
BIO 21 20
CHM 22 26
ORGO 21 20
TS 21 21
AA 20 21

do I have to retake again?
do you think this score is competitive?
overall gpa is 3.5 and science gpa is 3.8 in 3rd tier university.
which score do i have to use? the first one or second one?

Good improvements and your candidacy is very strong. Good luck on the rest of the process.

The 3rd tier school isn't going to help you terribly, but your scores are fine.