6/14 DAT Breakdown plus Questions!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onebigsmile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my DAT today!

PAT 22:D 93.4
QR 16 63.5 :eek:
RC 22 84.4
Bio 18 63.9:(
Gchem 22 91.8:)
Ochem 22 90.4:)
TS 20 85.2
AA 20 87.6

I am very happy with my scores minus QR and Bio.
Resources Used:
Kaplan Course- the class is a joke but the online software is great. Of all the practice material I had, Kaplan tests were the closest to actually looking like the real DAT.
---------------- TS AA
Diagnostic 14 15
Midterm 14 15
Test 1 17 17
Test 2 17 18
Test 3 15 16

I bought the 3 Topscore tests:
On the first one I got a 17AA, 17TS, 21 PAT
On the second one I just took the sciences and got a 17TS

Also got CDP 10 tests, but only did 5: 20,20,20,19,21(these are in order, tests 1-5)

Bought Chad's videos for 1 month, flew through the O-chem and G-chem in like 2 weeks. I wish I could have had chad as my gen chem and organic teacher. Chad is the man.

I was worried about not having destroyer since everyone says it is a must but I am very satisfied with my chem grades so don't worry if your not using destroyer.
I am upset about the bio grade because it is just like everyone says, very random. There were some questions on there that I just had no idea and had to make an educated guess.
I'm not happy with QR but was kind of expecting it. The trig was my downfall, there were like 4 trig questions and I only knew one of them.

So now that I have my DAT Scores I need to decide which schools to apply to!
Here are my stats:
overall GPA: 3.3
BCP: 3.3
Science GPA: 3.15
-huge upward trend in gpa, started with 2.7
500 hours dental experience, paid and non-paid at different offices
200+ volunteer hours
Research and hoping to have it published this semester
Strong LOR, 2 from professors, 2 from dentists

These are the schools I am thinking about applying to:
-VCU (in-state and I really really want to go here!)
-Maryland
-Buffalo
-Louisville
-Pitt
-Case Western
-Indiana
-Detroit Mercy
-Midwestern IL
-UConn
-Kentucky
-University of New England
-University of Utah
and possibly these:
-michigan
-detroit mercy
-NOVA

Please help me decide which schools to remove or add! I really want to narrow my list to about 10 or 11.
If you have any questions or suggestions for me, feel free to reply!!
Thank you

- and for anyone who is getting ready to take the dat and is discouraged by seeing everyone on here receive 23's, don't be. I thought I was going to get an 18 but was pleasantly surprised :D

Members don't see this ad.

wow, im hoping to do this well, nice job! how much time before your test did you take your topscores?? i just took one today and got a 15 in OChem and am now freaking out...and this is AFTER i watched chad's :(