6 in verbal reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have taken MCAT three times by now with a score of 23, 20 and 25. In the last attempt I have received V-6, Physical-10 and Bio-9. My science and cumulative gpa is 3.56. My question is will DO school screen me out because of 6 or I have a chance to to get in. I am texas resident, which DO school I should apply to. I did got 7 in verbal in my first two attempt. I have not submitted my app for this cycle, is it late. I am super confused. My EC is average.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I have taken MCAT three times by now with a score of 23, 20 and 25. In the last attempt I have received V-6, Physical-10 and Bio-9. My science and cumulative gpa is 3.56. My question is will DO school screen me out because of 6 or I have a chance to to get in. I am texas resident, which DO school I should apply to. I did got 7 in verbal in my first two attempt. I have not submitted my app for this cycle, is it late. I am super confused. My EC is average.

Most if not all won't screen for a 6 in VR... Apply broadly if you want to get in somewhere.

Hi guys,

Most schools will not rule you out with that 6, in addition some look at the highest score in each category but I am not sure which schools do this. Your GPA is fairly decent and its not too late so you should apply now and to a number of schools. In regards to Texas schools..I have no idea but a quick search will do the trick...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat. I got a 12/12/6. I called a few schools and most of them said that verbal isn't an app killer

You'll need to target those schools that pick the best scores of each section. Mine does an avg, and so you wouldn't get an interview.

Hi guys,

That is the thing, I want to know which DO school, I should apply to so that I have some chance.

That is the thing, I want to know which DO school, I should apply to so that I have some chance.

There was a thread recently on which schools take the highest of each section and which ones take averages. I'll try to find it.

There was a thread recently on which schools take the highest of each section and which ones take averages. I'll try to find it.

I would be very interested in this as well. I remember posting on that thread because the U of Utah takes the best in each section, but I don't remember what other schools were there.

Is there a list of schools that average the mcat?

I looked through the CIB 2014, and there are some schools(like AZCOM) that state they take the highest score, but others don't offer indication.

It would make one thing twice about taking the mcat more than once..if they average.

A student that got into lecom told me they took his best scores.

Good luck

do some hardcore content review and get those sciences up to 15's. then u got dat 36