1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

6 more days...

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by shinyMIRROR, Aug 7, 2011.

1. shinyMIRROR

Pre-Dental
    i have 6 more days until DAT studying and I just started studying for ochem. Im basically ready for all the other sections minus ochem so Im going to prep myself and pull all nighter. (please do not tell me im stupid for studying ochem so close to my dat or it cannot be done.. i beat myself everyday already) I been putting it off and i deserve whatever i get but i just want to try and study as much as i can until saturday. I was wondering for those of you who are studying for the DAT or who have studied.. how late did you guys stay up to study? Thanks in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. toothhornet88

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    My advice for you is buy Chad's videos ($20) and take the long quiz and see where you're weak at and watch those sections in his videos and take notes!

4. rmm30

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Is there any way you could push your exam back? I'm not suggesting you won't do well in OChem but it's unlikely that you will do your best given such a short window. Most of the SDNers would prefer solid scores across the board rather than strikes and gutters. But if your a wiz at Ochem you'll be ok. As for your question that's like asking "How long is a piece of string?"

5. NguyenDDS

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had 2.5 weeks to study for my DAT. I only was able to finish studying for GC and OC in that time frame. If you need to cram, I recommend a combination of OC Destroyer and chad's OC videos/quizzes. You can complete Chad's OC videos/quizzes in 2 days and you can finish the OC Destroyer in 1 day if you are capable of studying hardcore. I finished Chad's OC videos in 2 days by watching them nonstop (breaks for only eating and stuff). And I can finish OC Destroyer in 1 day but it takes me the whole day.

From my experience, it's best to take the DAT when you know you studied enough for every section :) I had to learn the hard way... I got a 21 GC, 20 OC..... but for the sections I did NOT have time to study for.... I did poorly in (15 QR, 17 Biology). But who knows, you might be one of those people who just knows there stuff from undergrad :rolleyes:

Good luck!! :)

6. shinyMIRROR

Pre-Dental
    thanks guys for the encouragement. I been through chad's videos in 3 days and now im trying to work on destroyer and im getting every single question wrong. I'm also going through chads quizzes and getting many wrong too.. how did you guys start tackling how to study for ochem? panicking here!

I want to move my test back but my application for dental shcool is already in and i didnt want to delay it anymore as my GPA isn't that great. do you guys think pushing it back another 2 weeks is detrimental to my application? Thanks in advance guys.!