6 weeks!! Comlex...which qbank? Plz help..panic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitpatel0186

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEy guys...
So starting today I have exactly 6 WEEKS left...

Which QBANK did you think was helpful?

USMLEWORLD? COMBANK? USMLERx? Kaplan COMLEX?

MY plan is to do UW(1.5 or 2x) + FA + COMBANK + OMM Savarese

UW--the second time will go fast plus do the wrong ones...

What do you think? Should I add or change anything? Please help...

What did you do and if so what did u wish you had done?

any input is much appreciated thanks again...

Members don't see this ad.

Recommend USMLE World at the start to hammer down concepts and COMBANK at the end to get used to the Comlex type of questions. Combank can be completed in a week

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi mitpatel,
If you have questions specific to the COMLEX and/or COMBANK I would love to help. Sounds like you have a great study plan in place. Good luck!

~Anna

Hi mitpatel,
If you have questions specific to the COMLEX and/or COMBANK I would love to help. Sounds like you have a great study plan in place. Good luck!

~Anna

I am really worried about my comlex. I have started doing combank and scoring only 70% average. Is there a correlation with comlex score and combank %? Also any other advice would be greatly appreciated as I have to take a NBME Path Shelf exam in about 3.5 weeks and my COMLEX on Oct 24th

I am really worried about my comlex. I have started doing combank and scoring only 70% average. Is there a correlation with comlex score and combank %? Also any other advice would be greatly appreciated as I have to take a NBME Path Shelf exam in about 3.5 weeks and my COMLEX on Oct 24th

70% is good. Was it your first time through? If so, I'd say you are ready to go.

70% is good. Was it your first time through? If so, I'd say you are ready to go.

yup ive only done maybe 35% of question( which I know isn't alot yet) which i will do more once Im not here at Falcon Review......hopefully I can keep up scores for the 75%

For Comlex Step 1, I only used COMBANK as my qbank. Most other students spent more time using UW. I think using COMBANK paid off not necessarily because of the content but more so because of the style of questions used.

I felt the way COMBANK asked questions was right on when compared to the COMLEX. Regarding the material in the COMBANK questions, the OMM questions were great. Most were easier than the COMLEX, but they helped me determine what areas I was weakest in.

My advice is to know FA cold. Do all of the COMBANK questions and study every answer. I only went through the questions once but I wish I had started earlier so that I could do them twice. When I used COMBANK I would do 50-100 question blocks so that I could build some stamina for the real deal. Make sure you spend the time reading what you got right/wrong. Also, when I first started COMBANK by average was around ~68%. By the end of my subscription I was up to >80%. Use the COMBANK as a way to improve your test taking skills.. not just memorizing the material.

My stats:
COMBANK 80% 1st pass, COMLEX 646.

Good luck and feel free to message me with questions.

For Comlex Step 1, I only used COMBANK as my qbank. Most other students spent more time using UW. I think using COMBANK paid off not necessarily because of the content but more so because of the style of questions used.

I felt the way COMBANK asked questions was right on when compared to the COMLEX. Regarding the material in the COMBANK questions, the OMM questions were great. Most were easier than the COMLEX, but they helped me determine what areas I was weakest in.

My advice is to know FA cold. Do all of the COMBANK questions and study every answer. I only went through the questions once but I wish I had started earlier so that I could do them twice. When I used COMBANK I would do 50-100 question blocks so that I could build some stamina for the real deal. Make sure you spend the time reading what you got right/wrong. Also, when I first started COMBANK by average was around ~68%. By the end of my subscription I was up to >80%. Use the COMBANK as a way to improve your test taking skills.. not just memorizing the material.

My stats:

Thanks for the advice.....

I purchased 1 month subscription for COMBANK. COMBANK prepared me well for COMPLEX LEVEL I exam and I got 710/97.

were any of you that just bought Combank average to weak students?

Last edited:

My stats:

Ehhh I have to disagree with this one. UW is a superior question bank for real learning. It is important, though, to go through some COMBANK questions just to figure out how the COMLEX asks questions. But, as for actually learning the material, COMBANK pales in comparison to UW.

I did all of UW and only about 500 COMBANK questions and ended with a 250 USMLE and 732 COMLEX if that helps.

I used COMBANK for Steps I and II and did very well and landed a great residency spot. I definitely will be using it for Step III. You cannot go wrong with COMBANK! Good luck!