6 Weeks for Step 2 CK!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AggieDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again everyone,

I just finished up third year and now I have a 6 weeks to study for CK. This board got me through Step 1 with all the wonderful advice and past experiences, so once again I've come to my go-to people for help!! I've read through all of the links on the forum and have come to the conclusion that UWorld is obviously where the money is. I just started doing blocks a few days ago and am only hitting around 60% and its realllyyy making me freak out :scared: I plan on annotating MTB with UWorld info and just going through both at least twice in the next 6 weeks. Do you think this would suffice to get a 245+ when this is all said and done? If not, what else can I do within this time frame to assure I get to my target score? Thanks for any help and advice in advance guys!

Step 1: 245
Step 2 CK: ????

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about MTB if you're shooting for 245+ and you're currently sitting at 60%. MTB is great for basic info, but it's correctly advertised as a book that is there to help you "pass Step 2." I'm not sure if it has enough detailed info to get you from 60% on UW to 245 on Step 2.

That said, detailed review of MTB + UW is likely to help a lot. It might even get you up to the point where you want to be.

But if you really want to cover "everything" like you probably did with First Aid for Step 1, you might want to consider a comprehensive resource like Step-Up to Step 2, Crush Step 2, or Secrets for Step 2.

I don't know about MTB if you're shooting for 245+ and you're currently sitting at 60%. MTB is great for basic info, but it's correctly advertised as a book that is there to help you "pass Step 2." I'm not sure if it has enough detailed info to get you from 60% on UW to 245 on Step 2.

That said, detailed review of MTB + UW is likely to help a lot. It might even get you up to the point where you want to be.

But if you really want to cover "everything" like you probably did with First Aid for Step 1, you might want to consider a comprehensive resource like Step-Up to Step 2, Crush Step 2, or Secrets for Step 2.
MTB is significanly better then step up to step 2 in my opinion.

I think MTB and UW could probably net you your goal, but Secrets would probably boost you over the top.

I agree that MTB >Step up, but both of them fill in the gaps for each other. Neither is perfect but together along with UW are pretty much the only resources you need. I definitely prefer the layout of MTB better.

Members don't see this ad :)
MTB is significanly better then step up to step 2 in my opinion.

I think MTB and UW could probably net you your goal, but Secrets would probably boost you over the top.

Not to side-swipe this conversation but have any of you used anything other than SUTM for IM rotation? I was considering tackling FA Step 2CK instead but I wasn't sure if this was a good idea/recommended? Thanks.

Not to side-swipe this conversation but have any of you used anything other than SUTM for IM rotation? I was considering tackling FA Step 2CK instead but I wasn't sure if this was a good idea/recommended? Thanks.

I just used the Kaplan IM videos. The ones done by Conrad Fischer are particularly good. Anything done by Conrad Fischer is especially good.

From my 3 days of studying so far:

MTB seems to be like a quick read. He lays the info out for you in a way that is pretty easy to memorize, but it definitely needs to be complemented with UW. I am going to try and squeeze in either SUS2 or Secrets in the last 2 weeks of my prep so hopefully it will cover any gaps that may still exist.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it!!