6 year accelerated Pharm Program at MCPHS vs. St. John's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

casiemccartney

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, my lil' sis got accepted to both accelerated programs at MCPHS in Boston and St. John's in Queens, NY, and we're having a hard time deciding what would be better for her. She's visited MCPHS and the campus is almost non-existant and that was a bit disappointing but we hear it's a good program. The big difference is that she got a FULL ride at St. John's and only $15,000 at MCPHS, and in the end, after 6 years, I think the difference adds up to more than 50K, which is a big deciding factor. Money aside, I actually live in Boston (I'm personally pre-med) and know the area well, and I think the location is great, how it's right next to Harvard Med and Longwood medical area, but I know little about the school itself. Does anybody know about these two programs and help us decide which is a better program? Which school has higher standards/better students? My sister had a 35 on ACT, 2300 SAT, and I think 3.8 GPA, and she's also waiting to hear back from some traditional 4 year universities as well.

What do you think?