6-year graduation rates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Espressso

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this a normal statistic medical schools tout? Seems strange to me. Stumbled upon this stat the other day and I'm curious if this is normal.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a normal statistic medical schools tout? Seems strange to me. Stumbled upon this stat the other day and I'm curious if this is normal.
Very normal. You'd be surprise how many people get sick in med school and need a year off, or decide to take a research year, or some other EC.

Reactions: 1 users
Not necessarily to us tho. If a school is bringing up its 6 year graduation rate, its probably good.
The COCA requires that all schools report board pass rates, residency placement rates, and 6-year graduation rates as part of their accreditation process. They are supposed to make all of these figures readily available as of a few years back.

Reactions: 1 user
The COCA requires that all schools report board pass rates, residency placement rates, and 6-year graduation rates as part of their accreditation process. They are supposed to make all of these figures readily available as of a few years back.
I couldn't tell you were that info is for my COM and I have looked for it. I have seen it for WVSOM, but I haven't found it in an obvious place for anyone else.