6 year pharmD programs

Started by jellopie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jellopie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay

i was looking at some of the programs for some schools, mainly the one in massachusetts boston, and I saw that it was a 6 year school. If i am goign to graduate from UCI this year does that mean that i will be transferring into their program? I wouldn't be a freshmen in their program right since I already finished most of the prepharm requirements? Just making sure. I didn't apply to any 6 year schools yet so just wondering if i'd be considered as a transfer or not. thanks for the input in advance 🙂
 
jellopie said:
Okay

i was looking at some of the programs for some schools, mainly the one in massachusetts boston, and I saw that it was a 6 year school. If i am goign to graduate from UCI this year does that mean that i will be transferring into their program? I wouldn't be a freshmen in their program right since I already finished most of the prepharm requirements? Just making sure. I didn't apply to any 6 year schools yet so just wondering if i'd be considered as a transfer or not. thanks for the input in advance 🙂

Yes, you would not be a freshman in their program. Instead you will be known as a transfer or Year 3 (3rd year'er) of their 6 year program.
 
And just so you know, a lot of 6 year programs make it very difficult to transfer into. Usually, they only have a few spots open, so it can be very competitive. A program I looked at while applying only accpeted ONE transfer student last year. Unless your stats are stellar or you have connections, you might want to stick with applying to 3 or 4 year programs. Or at least find out what your chances are before you waste money applying to six year programs. Good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
b/c i'm in a 4 year, i'm curious and dont know, but:

does a 6 year just include prepharm with it? or something different..
 
yea its pre-pharm requirements for the first two years then they get into the regular pharmacy school stuff for the next four years. I think the one in boston is a 6 year program..