60s in prerequisite courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Galen1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, after getting whooped in an Organic Chem II exam today, my final mark probably will end up being somewhere between 65-75... If in the absolute worst case scenario it ends up being a 65, will that affect my acceptance offer at NYU? The rest of my prereq courses are stellar, and my cGPA is fairly good.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

what does that curve to? a C?

Galen1 said:
Hey everyone, after getting whooped in an Organic Chem II exam today, my final mark probably will end up being somewhere between 65-75... If in the absolute worst case scenario it ends up being a 65, will that affect my acceptance offer at NYU? The rest of my prereq courses are stellar, and my cGPA is fairly good.

ya roughly C to C+ range, B- if 70

Members don't see this ad :)
Galen1 said:

NYU is looking for 3.1 GPA with 18s or above on the DAT (they told me). Your GPA is pretty good! However, organic chemistry classes will be focused more because they're the classes that are introduced in college and they want to see how you are handling it. I took Honors Organic Chem I and II at my school just to prove I can handle those courses well.

Thanks for the feedback, I know that orgo will be focused on of course, but I've scored very high in upper level Physiology and Biochem courses as well. I just hope getting a 67 or something in that one orgo class won't lead to my acceptance being withdrawn!!! I doubt it though, and I hope I'm right...

For NYU peeps that got accepted: Did any of you guys have a mid 60 or 70 for a prerequisite course on your transcript(s)???

I dunno why, but I'm really worried about this :(

Galen1 said:
For NYU peeps that got accepted: Did any of you guys have a mid 60 or 70 for a prerequisite course on your transcript(s)???

I dunno why, but I'm really worried about this :(

What does your acceptance letter have to say about what grades you need for the classes you are currently taking?

tinman831 said:
What does your acceptance letter have to say about what grades you need for the classes you are currently taking?

absolutely nothing!

As long as you have a C, you are fine.