7/15 DAT done (AA26 TS 28)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joons90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm an international student with F-1 visa and go to one of good liberal arts schools in NE.

I took DAT this afternoon, and got the result was following here:

PAT 21 (87.9%):)
QR 21 (96.4%):)
RC 23 (89.8%):laugh:
Bio 28 (99.7%):thumbup:
Gen chem 29 (99.7%):thumbup:
Orgo 27 (98.7):thumbup:
TS 28 (100%):love:
AA 26 (100%):love:

Chemistry major
GPA 3.80 and Science GPA 3.85

I am currently working in my chemistry professor's lab for this summer as an undergraduate researcher. I worked from 9 am to 5 pm (MTWTF). So, I only had time to study after my work. .

BUT I studied for about 4 weeks
Study hours (5 hrs/day in week and 10-11 hrs/day on Sat & Sun)

Study Materials
Destroyer 2012- I go over once except QR and try to memorize each answers. A lot of repeated concepts helped me alot.
Math Destroyer - I did the first 4. It was not productive (rather time consuming) after 3-4.
Crack DAT PAT - Definitely buy this. I did the first 5 out 10. Actual DAT was easier.
Cliff’s - Pretty helpful. not a great material to self-teach some materials. but a lot more detailed than necessary for the DAT. But also miss some detail (Ex) skeletal system).
KBB - just used to understand PAT section at the beginning.
Chad’s Videos - Buy them. So good. Get orgo and gen chem done with it.
datQvault for BIO and RC - Very helpful. A lot of good application questions. RC is good for getting some feel for DAT.
DAT Bootcamp - the first free set of practice tests are great. but enough practice already after Destroyer and Qvault Bio
Feralis Biology note it has been so helpful thanks!

Biology Section
Easier than any of my practice exams. After Cliff AP, destroyer, Qvault, the actual DAT was easy. I usually scored 21-23 on Qvault Bio

General Chemistry
I am a chemistry major. It was easy. Chad's video is very helpful in recalling your old memory. destroyer was great for practice.

Organic Chemistry
Same as above

PAT
Some very tricky questions on the pattern-folding section. But generally easier than CDP.

RC
A lot of tone and inference questions. Passages were not too long. My strategy was that I just read 1/2 of one passage and go through all the questions. and then use S&D to finish the remaining half. I wrote out keywords from the tone and inference type questions and paid a special attention to them.

QR
I got really tried after RC. I was getting slower and slower in solving problems. I had to guess a couple because I ran out of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Holy cow! VERY good scores. Congrats!

Do you think the destroyer was overkill for the GC and OC sections? Would Chad's videos and quizzes be enough?

Chad's videos and quizzes to refresh your gen chem& orgo knowledge. I think Destroyer has some good thinking problems, which is helpful in solving some hard questions on DAT. so, worth studying it, I think.

Chad's videos and quizzes to refresh your gen chem& orgo knowledge. I think Destroyer has some good thinking problems, which is helpful in solving some hard questions on DAT. so, worth studying it, I think.

were destroyer roadmaps helpful/necessary ?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fantastic scores! Is English your first language? There are a lot of international students on SDN and they usually fare poorly in the RC, so if you have any advice that'd be great for them.

Fantastic scores! Is English your first language? There are a lot of international students on SDN and they usually fare poorly in the RC, so if you have any advice that'd be great for them.

Great scores! I just wanted ti reiterate illfavors comment that I'm sure other esl students would love to hear your RC tips.