7/19 dat done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjw7475

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got 19AA 18TS on the first one and this is what I got today

Bio: 22 (95.7%)
Gchem: 27 (99.0%)
Ochem: 30 (100%)
RC: 21 (84.5%)
QR: 18 (75.8%)
PAT: 20 (85.4%)

TS: 26 (99.9%)
AA: 24 (99.4%) :love:

I still can't believe this is my score!!

Well, I have to say thank SDN for every information that helped me to get this score.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Breakdown: I started studying right after the spring semester was over. About 2 months of studying. I studied around 7 hours per day.

Bio: It wasn't that random...marked 6 questions. I didn't get any taxonomy or plant questions (which I studied the most) but mostly from human physiology. I thought the test was pretty similar to topscore questions

(Cliff AP, DAT Destroyer, Campbell 7th edition, Alan's notes) I spent most of studying time this section, because I got 17 on the 1st DAT and wanted to make a huge improvement. I read cliff AP book over and over with supplement of campbell bio textbook. I didn't realize campbell bio textbook was the KEY to get 20+ on the first attempt. After I finish reading these books, I attacked on destroyer questions (40 questions at each time; solved around 200~240 questions per day; recycled it 3.5 times)
Alan's notes (from SDN) was very helpful too.

Gchem/Ochem: Very basic...I guessed one question on ochem and luckily got right yay~

(Chad's videos, Destroyer 3x, ACS Study Guide) Trust me...Chad's video will get you 20+

PAT: (CDP) similar to CDP tests
RC: didn't really study much...English is my second language and I expected this section to be the weakest section. I had passages about DNA microarray, Language and Cognitive thinking (brain), and can't remember last one. Overall, it wasn't too bad.
QR: wow...I was disappointed with this score. This section is supposed to be the strongest section, but turned out the lowest one lol...There were way too many wording problems and I was just sick and tired of it so...

These are my topscore results:

1: 21AA 21TS 21BIO 25GCHEM 18OCHEM (7/5/10)
2: 19AA 20TS 22BIO 18GCHEM 20OCHEM (7/9/10)
3: 21AA 21TS 18BIO 25GCHEM 23OCHEM (7/14/10)

I have 3.65 overall gpa and 3.6ish sgpa; applying 6 different schools (OU, Michigan, Temple, etc)

p.s. I just want to end this breakdown with saying: YOU ALL CAN DO THIS. BE CONFIDENT! Yesterday I was THE PERSON whom was looking up breakdowns from those who got 24+ and thought this was not gonna happen to me. I'm sure that this can happen to anyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
wheres the breakdown buddy? take your time and don look at book until late august! congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
Great scores!

I definitely do think that confidence in the test center and during the few days before is very important ! Do not ever give up!

how did you think destroyer compare to real DAT.. I'm getting raped on my first attempt of O chem

how did you think destroyer compare to real DAT.. I'm getting raped on my first attempt of O chem

word to the word. first attempt at destroyer.......probably getting 1/6 right. the DAT in 3 weeks. Feeling ****ED (I know they bleep it out...but you alz get it)
Great scores though. You worked super hard and it definitely shows.

What I would recommend you to do is that WATCH Chad's video and work on his review questions.

It shouldn't take that long to watch all of his videos

Answering your questions, just like everyone said, Real DAT is much easier than destroyer, but it is crucial to know basic concepts behind the questions. After watching chad's videos, I missed about 7 questions out of 30 questions (mostly things that didn't cover in chad's video such as oxidation/reduction) After reviewing weak spots, I missed around 2-5 questions on the second round and then made close to perfect score on destroyer afterward.

What I would recommend you to do is that WATCH Chad's video and work on his review questions.

It shouldn't take that long to watch all of his videos

Answering your questions, just like everyone said, Real DAT is much easier than destroyer, but it is crucial to know basic concepts behind the questions. After watching chad's videos, I missed about 7 questions out of 30 questions (mostly things that didn't cover in chad's video such as oxidation/reduction) After reviewing weak spots, I missed around 2-5 questions on the second round and then made close to perfect score on destroyer afterward.

I did watch Chad lol but I guess my 2nd time would be better... and did all of his samples... did you get any carb questions?

can you tell me where are alan's notes? and how helpful are they?

I attached the file.

I really liked the notes, because it condenses every bit of information from destroyer, topscore questions, achiever(not sure), and campbell. I kept reading it over and over and memorized every single details.

Studied with Cliff's note+Campbell+Alan's note and then worked on Destroyer

Hope this answers your question

Attachments

• BIO_Review_-_Final_Version.doc
    187.5 KB · Views: 234
Congrats on getting sexy DAT score :D

I'm kind of same situation as you, and I had almost identical 1st DAT score as yours last year lol.

Unfortunately, I only had about 3 weeks to study so I won't be getting high score as yours but let's see what happens to my second DAT!

Go Second Attempters!!!

Damn I got almost the exact score you did:
AA 24
TS 27
Pat 20

Congrats, where you applying?