7/27/11..DAT Done!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpatel8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my scores are not as good as others have been posting on here. They were not even as high as I was expecting but I am still very content and happy to be done!

Test Day- I went in today freaking out mentally. I could not focus and thoughts were just running together. I calmed down as much as I could after reviewing my notes and going into the testing center. Just my luck, I did not really know the first 4 biology questions. I started panicking and my morale was completely shot. Had the "oh well, will definitely have to retake" thoughts running through my head. I usually finish the sciences of the practice test way early but today I actually RAN OUT OF TIME!! I guessed on the last 2 organic questions and did not get to review any of my marked questions.

Here are my scores:
PAT: 18
RC: 19
QR: 19
Bio: 19
GC: 21
OC: 21
TS: 20 (91.3 percentile)
AA: 20 (93.4 percentile)

Will post more of an elaborate study breakdown later if anyone is interested.

Materials Used: Crack PAT, Cliffs, Barons, Chads, Destroyer, Topscore

PAT: Crack DAT PAT is all you need. I am awful at PAT and was hoping to get a 18-19 and I did so I am content. I was getting 18-19 on all the Crack tests so I guess it is pretty representative. The only thing harder on the real test was TFE and maybe keyholes. Do not try line counting. It is USELESS. The patterns and hole punching were easier so it balanced out though.
Bio: Cliffs and supplemented with Barons and Kaplan. Cliffs left some things out such as parts of brain, eye, ear, etc. Did not use destroyer for this section.
Gchem: Chads and Destroyer is all you need. I don't know what happened here. Thought I would get much higher than I did but this section is definitely doable in terms of getting higher scores.
Ochem: Chads and Destroyer once again. Definitely should have done better on this section as well as I felt like there was nothign I did not know. Was absolutely crushing this section on Topscore this past week but I guess I let my nerves get the best of me.
QR: Did not study for this section other than Topscore tests. Not much to say here other than I felt the real thing was easier than the practice test.
RC: Did not study for this section either other than Topscore. Definitely harder than topscore but make sure to pace yourself.

Overall, I would recommend not getting bogged down with details in bio and focusing more time in mastering the chemistry sections. Also, do not get caught up on questions like I did today. If you don't know it, pick an answer, mark it and move on. I have no idea how but I ran out of time on the sciences. I thought I was making decent time but just spent too much on some gen chem problems and before I knew it, I had to rush through organic as fast as I possibly could and had to guess on the last 2 questions. I had marked tons of bio to come back and think about but I did not get the opportunity. No reason to get scared, but to me, this test was hard!

I am applying to about 12 schools this cycle and hopefully I can get some interviews and an acceptance.

cGPA: 3.81 sGPA: 3.78

Practice Test Scores:

Bio/GC/OC/PAT/Reading Comp
17/18/19/16/19- Topscore 1 ----about a month ago
18/25/23/19/21- Topscore 2-----past week
19/21/25/19/21- Topscore 3-----yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So my scores are not as good as others have been posting on here. They were not even as high as I was expecting but I am still very content and happy to be done!

Test Day- I went in today freaking out mentally. I could not focus and thoughts were just running together. I calmed down as much as I could after reviewing my notes and going into the testing center. Just my luck, I did not really know the first 4 biology questions. I started panicking and my morale was completely shot. Had the "oh well, will definitely have to retake" thoughts running through my head. I usually finish the sciences of the practice test way early but today I actually RAN OUT OF TIME!! I guessed on the last 2 organic questions and did not get to review any of my marked questions.

Here are my scores:
PAT: 18
RC: 19
QR: 19
Bio: 19
GC: 21
OC: 21
TS: 20 (91.3 percentile)
AA: 20 (93.4 percentile)

Will post more of an elaborate study breakdown later if anyone is interested.

GOOD STUFF PATEL! CONGRATS! i'd love to see more elaborate breakdown Because I have my DAT soon! Thanks man!

How about breaking the trend and talking about some other things such as the quality of the lockers, bathrooms, air ventilation, chairs, computer screens, hot employees, magazine selection in the waiting room, etc.?

Members don't see this ad :)
How about breaking the trend and talking about some other things such as the quality of the lockers, bathrooms, air ventilation, chairs, computer screens, hot employees, magazine selection in the waiting room, etc.?

20 and 93% means the exam is getting harder :confused:

Hey congtraaaaaaaaassss!:rolleyes: I remember you were asking about Topscore RC vs actual DAT RC...How much harder was the real DAT RC than TS?

Hey congtraaaaaaaaassss!:rolleyes: I remember you were asking about Topscore RC vs actual DAT RC...How much harder was the real DAT RC than TS?

It was definitely harder but it was doable. I should have done better in RC but the last passage messed me up. I had 20 minutes going into it but it took me forever to find the first few answers and then I had to stop searching for answers and just put something for the last 6 or so. The answers for many questions are not as clear as they appear in the topscore passages and there are questions about how the passage should end or what the tone is.

Solid scores!

Would def like to see a breakdown..

Hope you didnt have any endothermic/exothermic questions :/