7/27 DAT Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imju85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came back (literally) and feeling somewhat bitter-sweet...
here are my scores...

PAT :19
QR: 19
RC: 20
BIO: 18
GC: 19
OC: 19

Ts: 19
AA: 19

Here is the break down:

Bio: OMG!!!! WTF?!?!?! if anyone told me that there could be a possibility of PICTURE (YES! like a picture you see on Bio book..), which I had no idea what it was.. I'm glad that I got 18 because I thought it was extremely hard.. I studied KAplan course, Destroyer, Top score, DAT achiever... (felt like many Qs were similar from destroyer, achiever types of qs...)

GChem: I felt okay after it... hoping for higher score.. nothing unexpected. some of them requires thinking but doable.. I think destroyer was helpful but some of problem destroyer problem was way harder than the real qs..
(use the same materials listed above)...

OCHEM: I thought I did well but I guess not... the problem was fair; the only thing that bothered me was the time.. since Gchem took big portion of time, I feel like I didn't have enought time for OCHEM. Know the reaction (ROAD MAP in Destryer)

PAT: this one is kinda tricky... pattern folding was very tricky; angles weren't that bad (although some few problems were similar sizes and hard to tell apart). hole punching was easy.. (JUST DO CDP AND YOU'LL BE FINE!!) I don't know if people feel that way (that hole punching was easier than problems on CDP) but I felt that it was VERY similar to hole punching problems on CDP...

RC: didn't really study for it... used Search & Destroy Method..trying to move faster as posibble.

QR: overall I thought it was very fair: some trigs, some area finding, some ratio... I ran out of time in the end... :(

It's very bitter-sweet right now...:(
good thing is that I have stable scores overall, but I feel somewhat bitter
the fact that I didn't get 20 overall you know...This is my second time taking/applying (let's not talk about the first score: it was unthinkably low..lol) and I did my best but comparing to other people (who scores like 25 across), I feel so small and invisible.. :(

I would really appreciate it if you guys think I should retake the test or not...
here is brief background of me:

SCI GPA: 3.3
overall GPA: 3.5
I'm currently taking my last class (BIochemistry) and expected to graduate this summer...

I've overcame numerous hardships in my life and I've mentioned in Personal statement...
I've done some leadership experiences few years ago, shadowed/worked for 3 dentists: (general +600hrs , oral surgeon+300hr, orthodontist +200hrs), went to developing country for volunteer works (~1month) and some dental related activities like taking denture courses, joining pre-dental societies etc...

ANY FEEDBACK or OPINIONs will be very helpful...
should I retake it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just came back (literally) and feeling somewhat bitter-sweet...
here are my scores...

PAT :19
QR: 19
RC: 20
BIO: 18
GC: 19
OC: 19

Ts: 19
AA: 19

Here is the break down:

Bio: OMG!!!! WTF?!?!?! if anyone told me that there could be a possibility of PICTURE (YES! like a picture you see on Bio book..), which I had no idea what it was.. I'm glad that I got 18 because I thought it was extremely hard.. I studied KAplan course, Destroyer, Top score, DAT achiever... (felt like many Qs were similar from destroyer, achiever types of qs...)

GChem: I felt okay after it... hoping for higher score.. nothing unexpected. some of them requires thinking but doable.. I think destroyer was helpful but some of problem destroyer problem was way harder than the real qs..
(use the same materials listed above)...

OCHEM: I thought I did well but I guess not... the problem was fair; the only thing that bothered me was the time.. since Gchem took big portion of time, I feel like I didn't have enought time for OCHEM. Know the reaction (ROAD MAP in Destryer)

PAT: this one is kinda tricky... pattern folding was very tricky; angles weren't that bad (although some few problems were similar sizes and hard to tell apart). hole punching was easy.. (JUST DO CDP AND YOU'LL BE FINE!!) I don't know if people feel that way (that hole punching was easier than problems on CDP) but I felt that it was VERY similar to hole punching problems on CDP...

RC: didn't really study for it... used Search & Destroy Method..trying to move faster as posibble.

QR: overall I thought it was very fair: some trigs, some area finding, some ratio... I ran out of time in the end... :(

It's very bitter-sweet right now...:(
good thing is that I have stable scores overall, but I feel somewhat bitter
the fact that I didn't get 20 overall you know...This is my second time taking/applying (let's not talk about the first score: it was unthinkably low..lol) and I did my best but comparing to other people (who scores like 25 across), I feel so small and invisible.. :(

I would really appreciate it if you guys think I should retake the test or not...
here is brief background of me:

SCI GPA: 3.3
overall GPA: 3.5
I'm currently taking my last class (BIochemistry) and expected to graduate this summer...

I've overcame numerous hardships in my life and I've mentioned in Personal statement...
I've done some leadership experiences few years ago, shadowed/worked for 3 dentists: (general +600hrs , oral surgeon+300hr, orthodontist +200hrs), went to developing country for volunteer works (~1month) and some dental related activities like taking denture courses, joining pre-dental societies etc...

ANY FEEDBACK or OPINIONs will be very helpful...
should I retake it?

Hey your ECs are really good. Have you submitted your AADSAS application ? If not, submit now. This guy i know have similar stat like yours, he submitted the very first day and already got some interviews.

Yea, going here to SDN make me nervous but at the same time motivated me haha.
I think you should be fine as long as you apply to 10+ school and you should have your application in by now

Gluch

thank you for all you guys' opinion..
yeah I've submitted my AADSAS application late june, so I think schools have the copy of application by now..
I'm planning to work on my secondary (since I have midterm in biochemistry soon) next week and hope for the best..
also I've applied A LOT of schools (increase my odd of getting in..lol) and hopefully that will help..

but do you really think I have a chance or you're just being nice? :p

I think you have a good chance at a private school with your scores and experience. I'd be surprised if you did not get into NYU or USC.