7 PS MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onagoodday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just received my mcat score. I took the jan 26th exam. I got a 28. 7 PS 10 VR 11 BS. I really really want to go to CCOM for school, but I am afraid that my 7 PS school may get me screened out. I also really do not want to retake the mcat. My gpa will be about a 3.7 when I apply. What are everyone's thought on this?

Members don't see this ad.

So I just received my mcat score. I took the jan 26th exam. I got a 28. 7 PS 10 VR 11 BS. I really really want to go to CCOM for school, but I am afraid that my 7 PS school may get me screened out. I also really do not want to retake the mcat. My gpa will be about a 3.7 when I apply. What are everyone's thought on this?

As long as the rest of your app is solid and you apply early, you should be ok. I had a 5 ps, (over double that in the other two) and I was accepted.

Should be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)

PS is the easiest to increase. Maybe study for a retake in a month since you are still well prepared and see what you can do.

MCAT was pretty miserable. Apply, a 7 is not that bad. A 28 is solid. I did not apply to CCOM but I feel that you should have a good shot anywhere. Good Luck!

PS is the easiest to increase. Maybe study for a retake in a month since you are still well prepared and see what you can do.

That could potentially backfire...I wouldn't do it.

I agree with most of the others that say you'll be ok with your current score OP.

That could potentially backfire...I wouldn't do it.

I agree with most of the others that say you'll be ok with your current score OP.

I guess if you're in-state then you're ok. If you're oos, you are almost SOL because CCOMs avg has been increasing steadily every year.

I guess if you're in-state then you're ok. If you're oos, you are almost SOL because CCOMs avg has been increasing steadily every year.

Unless CCOM specifically says they specify for in-state applicants, I do not think it will play a role. I was out of state and got an acceptance with a mcat lower than this to my top choice.

Unless CCOM specifically says they specify for in-state applicants, I do not think it will play a role. I was out of state and got an acceptance with a mcat lower than this to my top choice.

I mean, it depends on the caliber of your top choice. CCOM has very high standards for OOS. It's Chicago (Downer's Grove) so a lot of people want to be there and therefore a lot of applicants so they can have a higher standard. CCOM rejects OOS with high stats pretty easily. Ex: me and many of my friends with 28+ mcats

I mean, it depends on the caliber of your top choice. CCOM has very high standards for OOS. It's Chicago (Downer's Grove) so a lot of people want to be there and therefore a lot of applicants so they can have a higher standard. CCOM rejects OOS with high stats pretty easily. Ex: me and many of my friends with 28+ mcats

Great information for OP! Thanks for clarifying.

I am in state. I will have a little over a year of research and 3 poster presentation an possibly a publication, but I am not sure about that. I have ~40 hours of shadowing. I am in the pre med club, have traveled to Honduras for a medical brigade, and have over 200 hours volunteering in a children's hospital. I also have ~50 hours volunteering at an animal shelter.

I think its a good day then. Your app sounds solid, apply apply apply!

I had the same score!

Retook and received a 9/10/10. Little more balanced I guess, but I am sure either would work. Be sure to apply early! gl