8/7/2015 DAT RETAKE BREAKDOWN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Crentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I thought I would share my score today's test. And compare my score to my first DAT.

I took it the first time last summer and did pretty well
PAT 21
QR 21
RC 21
Bio 22
Chem 18
Orgo 22
TS 21
AA 21

And today, I walked out of the door with the following:

PAT 23
QR 21
RC 21
BIO 22
Chem 21
Orgo 26
TS 22
AA 22

Basically the only reason I retook was because my gpa is on the low side and the 18 in Gchem from my first DAT was a a little too low.

Now my lowest score is 21 and I'm happy about that.

Thanks for all the support over the past year SDN!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Bro you killed it!!! Grats. Just curious did you get any rock shapes in your keyhole section of the PAT?

Not sure But I can't really compare the PAT to crack dat or BC because I didn't really use them to study this time around.

Members don't see this ad :)
The TS scale is the weirdest thing. You went up 3 points in Chem, 4 points in Orgo, and remained stable in Bio...but the TS only went up a single point. Nice improvements!

The TS scale is the weirdest thing. You went up 3 points in Chem, 4 points in Orgo, and remained stable in Bio...but the TS only went up a single point. Nice improvements!

It's based on number correct out of 90. Going up 4 points in orgo and 3 in GC could be getting only 3 more right, which it's not that much more. It's the big jumps in BIO that make big differences.

Edit: you're a ballsy dude to retake a 21/21, good job on the retake.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys I'm not sure this is considered such a "success" story since I only gained one point total. But at least it got all my scores above 21. Hopefully that will get me more interviews :)

Hey everyone I thought I would share my score today's test. And compare my score to my first DAT.

I took it the first time last summer and did pretty well
PAT 21
QR 21
RC 21
Bio 22
Chem 18
Orgo 22
TS 21
AA 21

And today, I walked out of the door with the following:

PAT 23
QR 21
RC 21
BIO 22
Chem 21
Orgo 26
TS 22
AA 22

Basically the only reason I retook was because my gpa is on the low side and the 18 in Gchem from my first DAT was a a little too low.

Now my lowest score is 21 and I'm happy about that.

Thanks for all the support over the past year SDN!!!

Dr.Crentist :clap::clap:Congratulations!

You made a risky move taking the DAT again but it paid off! You knew you could do better if you put in more effort, which you did and it paid off :soexcited:HUGE! I have worked with many student through the years that have retaken the DAT under similar circumstances, they just knew they could improve.

As you stated your GPA is a little on the low side and these scores will definitely boost your chances for multiple interviews. Dental schools will be impressed with your scores and the determination it took to attain them.

Wishing you the best along your journey to becoming a dentist.

Dr. Jim Romano and Nancy