8 weeks to prepare for step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
essentially i'm trying to focus on fewer books but i want to review them over and over again. for my core books, i'm hoping to use first aid, brs physio, rapid review goljan, and world bank (hopefully twice). for goljan book, are we supposed to know like everything or do we leave some out?

as for the other books: behav. science, micro rid. simple, lange, HY mole. bio, HY neuro..i just don't know if i should study them cause i'm slow when it comes to studying, i feel like i won't be able to remember them all anyway. i was thinking may be i can use some specific high yield chapters from these books in stead of studying the whole book? any thoughts on that? if i have to pick one book to add to my list of core books, which one will it be?

thats all for now..i would very much appreciate your thoughts on this.

Members don't see this ad.

essentially i'm trying to focus on fewer books but i want to review them over and over again. for my core books, i'm hoping to use first aid, brs physio, rapid review goljan, and world bank (hopefully twice). for goljan book, are we supposed to know like everything or do we leave some out?

as for the other books: behav. science, micro rid. simple, lange, HY mole. bio, HY neuro..i just don't know if i should study them cause i'm slow when it comes to studying, i feel like i won't be able to remember them all anyway. i was thinking may be i can use some specific high yield chapters from these books in stead of studying the whole book? any thoughts on that? if i have to pick one book to add to my list of core books, which one will it be?

thats all for now..i would very much appreciate your thoughts on this.

FA + Goljan RR + Goljan Audio + BRS Phys + U World = Score>240.

Don't worry about knowing all the ins and out of Goljan's Path. His book applies to both step 1 and step 2 and is super comprehensive (i.e. above and beyond what's tested by the USMLE) Read through everything, but spend special attention to the images and the blue notes in the margin. Listen to the corresponding audio and focus on the sections he lectures on. Use FA as a good guidebook for what you should know.

Regarding those supplemental books, I'd pick something micro rid simple for pharm, but it isn't necessary. FA has everything you need.

Keys to super high scores are to focus on the high yields: path, micro, pharm.

Follow that equation above and you'll be golden.