8 year old kaplan book ok?

Kally

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I just got the Kaplan review book (the 1200ish page one), and the Kaplan lesson book from a friend.

The only thing is that my friend bought these books about 8years ago..
can i just use them or has the OAT examined changed since then and i need an updated kapan book?

Also whats a good resource for practice tests, im looking for a book or online source which has many practice or OAT like tests

Members don't see this ad.

study the material with it, and get the oat achiever to prepare for the test.

hey guys,

I just got the Kaplan review book (the 1200ish page one), and the Kaplan lesson book from a friend.

can i just use them or has the OAT examined changed since then and i need an updated kapan book?

Also whats a good resource for practice tests, im looking for a book or online source which has many practice or OAT like tests

hey guys,

The test probably hasn't changed too much? I don't know the history of the OATs, and it's almost impossible to gauge how useful it would be if we have never seen it.

I am not sure about the difference in the kaplan book that is 8 yrs old versus the current one, but if you do need other study material for the oat I have some.
Complete Kaplan Oat set from a professor who taught the class. $100

Oat destoyer $100\

Oat secrets $25

Let me know if you would like any of this material.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would def use the OAT destroyer! I had it but did not use it until the last minute for some practice before my exam, and I wished I had used the most of the time!! It was soo helpful! Practice tests from Topscore are good too. good luck!:luck: Also, I would probably get a newer version, only because I am pretty sure the naming in organic has changed (my school changed text books for this and other reasons about 3 years ago) And maybe change in some bio as new things are discovered. The math, physics, and reading are fine and probably gen chem, but I dont know about the bio and orgo?? Hope this helps

Last edited:
If you dont want to spend the money...then go to Barnes and Nobles or your local library and compare your book to a more recent Kaplan book and make sure the same topics are covered.

I believe that the Organic part would be the same as well as the General Chemistry...Biology might differ though....

If I were you, I'd just get a more recent book..It doesn't have to be too recent..even 2006 should be fine!

I used the following resources that helped me so much!

ExamKrackers for Physics
Class Notes for Organic Chemistry
Kaplan MCAT book
Kaplan PCAT book
Kaplan OAT practice exams

I am not sure about the difference in the kaplan book that is 8 yrs old versus the current one, but if you do need other study material for the oat I have some.
Complete Kaplan Oat set from a professor who taught the class. $100

Oat destoyer $100\

Oat secrets $25

Let me know if you would like any of this material.

Hi, Applicant_209. How old are those materials? Are they in good condition (any markings)? Please reply. Thanks. (I'm sincerely interested in purchasing them.)