800 scripts?

Started by Gauden44
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gauden44

./.|.\.|./.|.\.|./.|.\.
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Soooo today I went in for an interview at a pharmacy and I was talking with the head pharmacist, and at one point I asked, "how many scripts do you do?" and he said 800. My main reason for saying this was to get a feel for the store's activity level (not that it affected my decision to work there) as well as to sound somewhat knowledgeable 😉.

From what I understand though, 800 scripts is a decent amount, right?

By the way, is that 800 prescriptions filled in a week or a day?

😳
 
800 a day is definitely a lot. But 800 a week isn't very busy. So I guess it depends on what he meant.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep - agree with both previous responses. You need the context of what the 800 is in - time frame, pharmacist & ancillary staff.
 
wow

800/day sounds CRAZY

when i was looking for a job, i had two choices to pick from. walgreens(350/day) or cvs(150/day)

i work at cvs now
 
If we did 800 scripts a day I would **** my pants.

I would most likely bash a customer's face on the counter and then commit suicide.
 
Thanks for the informative and humorous responses. I think he probably meant 800/week because the store doesn't seem too busy, having 1 pharmacist and maybe 2 techs. Also, he said they only have 2 mean customers so the percentages work out better if it's 800 per week.

800/week doesn't seem too bad, is that true? By the way he really stressed me coming in at 3 on days that I work and not 4, is it busy at 3 for you guys?
 
I would rather work at a fully staffed pharmacy doing 800 scripts a day than inadequately staffed pharmacy which does 200 scripts a day with intermittent tech coverage.

Busy environment makes time fly faster.

Then again, I've never done Retail except for 8 times I filled in for a friend.