Pelotari

Pelotari
10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Texas
Status
Dentist
Hi all,

Here's my situation. My application(s) are all done, since end of May (although AADSAS hasn't sent out the printouts yet :thumbdown: ). I am set to take the DAT on Sept. 9th. Is this too late? Would I still have a chance of getting interviewed?

Thanks.
Pelotari.

fancymylotus

A Whole New World
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2004
Pelotari said:
Hi all,

Here's my situation. My application(s) are all done, since end of May (although AADSAS hasn't sent out the printouts yet :thumbdown: ). I am set to take the DAT on Sept. 9th. Is this too late? Would I still have a chance of getting interviewed?

Thanks.
Pelotari.

Hopefully not,because I want to take mine around then too!

rockets32

10+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
From what I have heard from our school guidance counselor is that the latest a person can take the test is Nov. The only problem with taking it that late is that you would have to wait till Jan if you want to take it again for some reason, which would be cutting it close for the last interivew date. Thats my two cents.

howui3

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
CA
Status
Taking the DAT in September should be ok. The ADA takes about 1-2 weeks to mail out your DAT scores so they should get to the schools right after your application.

I took it on 9/10 last year and e-submitted my application to AADSAS on 9/8. I ended up with some interviews and my top choice.

Good luck!

OP
Pelotari

Pelotari

Pelotari
10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2005
Texas
Status
Dentist
Thank you for those who replied, it makes me feel a little better.