90s Time WWarp - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoffeeQuestionMark

WSU c/o 2023
5+ Year Member
Contest Winner!
Reaction score
December 31, 2019, 11:23 PM

Overlooking the Seattle cityscape, the Space Needle deck was brimming with lights and glamour, delivered by the thousands of elegantly dressed party guests.
Champagne glasses, both in hand and the many left unattended, reflected the full moon on this clear, winter night.
Despite the chill, the party guests were warmed by their drinks and the energy of the New Year's Eve holiday, showing skin without shame.
With less than an hour until the New Year, everyone seemed excited to welcome in the new decade

Meanwhile inside, one partygoer was not engaged with the other guests. Instead, all night they had been peering about the nooks and crannies of the interior, poking their noses into spaces they probably shouldn't.
No one seemed to notice.

At this moment, they were bent over a bench, kneeing a neigboring guest. Suddenly, they froze, and slowly lifted up, cupping a small object between their hands.
They apologized quietly, yet politely, to the guest they had disturbed, then began to walk away.. a slow walk, quickly becoming brisk as they moved to exit the crowds.
They headed towards the stairs ignoring the objections of the bouncers and security, and their walk turned into a run.
They continued to run down the stairs, pushing past some others who were just arriving, until they came to a closet door.
They pounded on the door and it immediately opened.

"Hurry!" a voice inside yelled. The door behind them was shut and the figures inside were hidden in this dark closet.
"You found it?!" the voice exclaimed. "Yes, it's here."
"Perfect!"

An exchange was made in pitch blackness. Some shuffling noises echoed in the small space, followed by the sound of metal clickling, and then electricity whirling.
"Are you ready, my friend?"
"It's time?"
"Oh yes... it's time."

A deafening pitch emitted from a mysterious machine in the closet. Everyone in the entire building was overcome with vertigo. They saw the room spinning, and then everything went black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A forceful thud was heard as the party guests were hurled to the floor. Some rubbed their heads in agony and tried to sit up, while others stayed motionless on the ground, unable to move.
Those who were able to checked out their surroundings. They were still in the Space Needle... but it sure looked different, and nobody felt quite the same.

Date/Time: Jan 1, 1999, 12:15 AM
Village Goal: Repair the time machine and return to the present day
Wolf Goal: Prevent time machine repair so the guests are trapped forever

Rules:
1. Editting posts, EXCEPT lynch votes, is allowed
2. Night closes at 7 AM PST (10 AM EST). Lynch closes at 6 PM PST (9 PM EST). These are fluid. If you would like an early close, all players must submit "no change" alongside their night actions
3. Dead and spectators must post in **** stars **** and are not allowed to strategize or like posts related to game play or strategy. Excess posting is frowned upon.
4. Please do not discuss game strategy outside of this thread or sanctioned PMs.
5. There are no PMs in this game unless you are specifically told otherwise.
6. No copying or screenshots or direct quotes or fake direct quotes from ANY PMs. These include PMs with mods and with other players. Paraphrase please.
7. There is no minimum post requirement but low post count combined with failing to place a vote may result in a sub or mod-kill

It is now Day 1. Lynch will close TOMORROW at 6 PM PST (9 PM EST)

23 Players Remain

1. @ziggyandjazzy
2. @acanthuroidei
3. @Ms Procrastinator
4. @Dinashadow
5. @genny
6. @johnnaboo / @Miranda Senft
7. @kraskadva
8. @WildZoo
9. @holdthemayo
10. @mypetmoose
11. @Navilly
12. @muttmanager
13. @Barkley13
14. @SportPonies
15. @cubsrule4e
16. @mmmdreamerz
17. @vetmedhead
18. @Animal Midwife
19. @Melchizedek
20. @mizchiefmanaged
21. @alissa14
22. @PippyPony
23. @StartingoverVet

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Just look at the pretty horses who may or may not be unicorns

(Yes I know Enigma ≠ Enya but they're both on this CD)

Reactions: 3 users
o_O

Mutts I think your lone wolfing experience may have left some residual strain. Do you need to listen to some Enya? I have Pure Moods 1 and 2 on CD that you can borrow
That is possible - it was mildly traumatic but it's also possible I caught a wolf slip D1

Please mail to: 671 Lincoln Ave, Winnetka, IL

Reactions: 1 user
That is possible - it was mildly traumatic but it's also possible I caught a wolf slip D1

Please mail to: 671 Lincoln Ave, Winnetka, IL

please explain how making a day 1 lynch joke vote in a “reply” is a “wolf slip?” Are you implying that AM is a wolf too? I mean this literally happens all the time, it’s only wolfy when Cubs does it.

Reactions: 3 users
Lynch WZ for cackling in the background of the noob game

love you, you're a great mod!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
please explain how making a day 1 lynch joke vote in a “reply” is a “wolf slip?” Are you implying that AM is a wolf too? I mean this literally happens all the time, it’s only wolfy when Cubs does it.
Yes. Early tinfoil, you meant to reply to AM in wolf chat

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Why would I be making a lynch vote in wolf chat? And if I were responding to her in wolf chat, that would mean that her lynch vote would have been going in wolf chat too. So double rojo while casting joke lynch votes? Shall I lynch AM to make you feel better?

smh i've never rojo'd in my life

give me some cred here

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Ohhhhhh I signed up thinking this was a different 90's
you know the ones where indoor plumbing was the front-line in in-home sanitation needs
Milk bars abounded
Christmas was only a week long
and cocaine was an acceptable home remedy.
You know, the REAL 90's.

One guess which one was grumpy old me.

Students.png

o_O

Mutts I think your lone wolfing experience may have left some residual strain. Do you need to listen to some Enya? I have Pure Moods 1 and 2 on CD that you can borrow
I don't know why I was surprised to hear you say you have Enya on hand smh...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Why would I be making a lynch vote in wolf chat? And if I were responding to her in wolf chat, that would mean that her lynch vote would have been going in wolf chat too. So double rojo while casting joke lynch votes? Shall I lynch AM to make you feel better?
You went too deep, you were replying to her name, not implying she rojo'd too

unlynch WZ

because I don't want to be smited (smote? smitten?) by the mod gods in the other game

I think I'mma sit back and let this one play out, wait for mutts to explain why cubs would be making a lynch vote in wolf chat :corny:
Sooo no one ever makes joke lynch votes in PMs